• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My summer project is finally coming around

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
Looks good Kinzer! I'll be down in the valley the week after the 509 film festival. I'd like to check it out in person if possible.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Nice Jalopy Jeremy!

Nice rail design!!

The production version will be a bit different... more lightning holes in the lower part, mid-rail, and less at the rear under the axle to make more sturdy.

John Bender of COBE Motorsports can be credited with the design on those.
(With tweaks from Timbersled and Mike at Ice Age:face-icon-small-win)

...as well as being involved in the design of the TrailTank.
108_2231.jpg

Here is the Concept for the rails that John came up with back in December 08 on AutoCad and Solid Works...
attachment.php

COBE Motorsports Rail Design for the Mountain Tamer.jpg

Last edited:

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
That thing is freaking beautiful. Can't wait to see pics of the rails installed too, those look sweet.

Awesome job.

W
Aug 20, 2008
utah
sled looks good did you ever run low on fuel? i have the same sled minus the turbo and never got back to the truck with less than about a quarter tank but mostly because everybody else was running low on fuel. one day had to give gas to two skidoos in our group.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
always ran low on fuel... i'm the type of rider that never stops riding... when other guys stop for lunch i'm usually off carving through the tree's or trying to find lines that i can come back to the group usually phil and say try that one. we'll see how it goes, but to be honest i'll porbably still have to carry a gas can with me.. last year had stock tank and two extra cans and 90% of the time went through both every day

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
here are some more pics from today... now have it all torn down, to get the new drivers pressed on tomorrow, and then the new suspension
fire n ice hi flow stirrup vents

headlight intake

lower side pannel vents (left the better boards logo under neath and cut holes around it

Last edited:

undergroundrmk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Craig, Colorado
That is one awesome build you have going! Might have missed it on here somewhere but what did you pay for the tank? That is an awesome upgrade!

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
the tanks are $340 right now trail tanks
the website doesnt show black but either send Seth an email or give him a call and he will take care of you... also, Jordan at ArticFX now makes vinyl wraps for the tanks as well

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
2 thoughts come to mind...

Very Sweet Sled:D

Very Jealous:beer;

LOL, Looks great man:D:cool::beer;:beer;

G

Gone Sleddin

Nov 26, 2007
looks awsome.
one question though, why all the intake vents? you workin somethin different on the intake for the turbo?

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
i am putting every vent possible on my sled... hoping it will keep the under hood temps down enough so the turbo can get adequate intake temps... if it doesnt work, then i will be putting ducting under the hood to force cold air to the turbo intake

Premium Features