• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My summer project is finally coming around

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Rob (better boards) just emailed me some pics of my new custom better boards and they look sweet! will be going down to get my sled this weekend and finishing the build over the follwing week. will post pics as i get it together as well. the below pics show the left side with robs boards and the stock cr (crap) right sides (notice in the pic that shows both sides i now have a place to mount my rear supsension bracket!)
over the next week i will be installing the following
Ice Age 153 straight rails
Ice Age billet wheels
7 tooth 3.0 pitch avid extroverts
AC power claw 90 durometer 153 track
Timbersled Mtn Tamer suspension
Timbersled Bark Buster suspenion
15.5 gallon trail tank
the following fire n ice vents
hi flow stirrup vents
hi-flow shock tower vents
lower side pannel vents
headlight intake kit
windsheild intake kit
side intake kit
fire n ice front bumper
custom better boards (which rob is doing an amazing job on)
lots of powdercoated engine parts
and a few other goodies
( i moved the pics and now it wont let me repost them of the initial board install... oh well)

Last edited:

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Looks awesome!

I just watched A Calculated Risk, your segment where you have the POV camera, and your going up a chute, and then you sidehill to your left, right on the edge. Dude, I **** my pants, and I wasn't even riding. LOL. Nice pull!

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
Hey, look everybody! Sxrlar pooped his pants!

Of course I pooped my pants! Everyone my age poops their pants; it's the coolest!

Really?
YES! You ain't cool, unless you poop your pants.

Hey, look! Jkinzer pooped his pants, too. All right!

If pooping your pants is cool, consider me Fordman or Graveler.

OH! That was the grossest thing I've ever heard in my life! LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Hey, look everybody! Sxrlar pooped his pants!

Of course I pooped my pants! Everyone my age poops their pants; it's the coolest!

Really?
YES! You ain't cool, unless you poop your pants.

Hey, look! Jkinzer pooped his pants, too. All right!

If pooping your pants is cool, consider me Fordman or Graveler.

OH! That was the grossest thing I've ever heard in my life! LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!

Umm, ok.

nuts.gif

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
As you can see from the photo I left a good 8" space for a custom suspension bracket. I'm just praying that the mounting location of the mtn tamer is close to stock. If so we are rocking...if not..grrrr! Hopefully you guys will build a super strong bracket as well. Notice the copious use of rivets...we bought 50,000 yesterday...now I need to go buy more to fill our stock orders!:D I just kept adding and adding and adding....always with visions of what you are doing with this thing. We put your block off's on the waterjet and hacked out a little evacuation spot. I wish they would have cut that rear panel off and I was hesitant to do it because once again I'm not sure how strong it will all be if I start removing support. That displeased my need to have it be perfect but oh well. I'm going to put some black vinyl on that spot to help snow run off and to look better. I forgot to photo your engine and turbo parts...they look really good! The good news is that our board cleats are just about four times as strong as the weak little cleats that are on there now. I can't believe people are running that light of cleats...especially if that is the same pattern for custom tunnels. Those would be flat as kansas on my sled and I am old, hurt, and don't jump that much! Just like the factories have found out...if you try to build a cleat with thin tunnel stock you have no strength at anything over 1/8th". A thick and strong insert is the only solution. Thus the Better Boards concept to the rescue. More tomorrow after the final battle!

H
Jan 9, 2003
Sparks, Nevada
Rob do you have any plans on just building the whole running board kit for the polaris? I would buy one from you in a second over the CR boards.. I really want to find a strong alternative that is close to comparable in price to the cr boards. I see that VE is doing a wide board but I dont like the way they look. If your not considering doing the whole board what is the cost to do the "Kinzer Mod"? Thanks

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
We are costing out a chromoly factory replacement bar with a welded support base that should be the same weight as stock but with our running boards and the stronger tie bar it should be significantly stronger. In theory the bar itself will be stronger and then when you tie the factory aluminum sandwiched to the Better Boards it should be big boy strong. I have no idea how many we would sell or how marketable this is but we are starting with the support bar to find out. It will be at least a month before we have anything.

My personal theory on wide boards is that they hang up in any condition where the track can't hold you on top and will inhibit deep snow performance. Other's who may or may not be smarter then me argue exactly the opposite. I do see value in the large footbed from a rider standpoint but I'm concerned about strength and performance. The wider they are the harder it is to make them strong. Just ask Yamaha and Ski Doo after the durability and performance flop of the NYTRO and XP. 08-09 NYTRO more so in performance then the XP..both in strength. ALL GOOD FOR ME since we fix them with Better Boards.

Eeee...Now I'll never do another custom work over like this one again. We are into this project almost 40 hours. Working on somebody elses design and fabrication mess is compltely frustrating. Not to mention no sane person would spend $2,450 on a running board mod nor is it worth that much to me to skin my knuckles. I did this (the labor) as a favor to Jeremy who is a great advocate of Better Boards and goes about his business in a way that I respect..so he wins the custom sled fab lottery. I already told the shop guys to kill me if I drag another one down and start hacking away. THEY WILL!

Jeremy sled is DONE! Looks sweet..now I've got to figure out how and when you can get it. I'll call you. Rob

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
i love that mods.

good job.

Ice Age 153 straight rails
Ice Age billet wheels
7 tooth 3.0 pitch avid extroverts
AC power claw 90 durometer 153 track
Timbersled Mtn Tamer suspension
Timbersled Bark Buster suspenion
15.5 gallon trail tank
the following fire n ice vents
hi flow stirrup vents
hi-flow shock tower vents
lower side pannel vents
headlight intake kit
windsheild intake kit
side intake kit
fire n ice front bumper
custom better boards (which rob is doing an amazing job on)
lots of powdercoated engine parts
and a few other goodies

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
should have it all done by next weekend, minus the motor... wont have it back together until october by the looks of things

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
well after a 9 hours of driving today i finally have my sled back home in the shop. and i must say that rob did a FANTASTIC job on the boards, they turned out better than i could have imagined. i did put the headlight intake in and the trail tank on, as well as some new ski loops, but that will be all for today, its time to drink beer and relax. will be installing the rest of the vents and powder coated parts tomorrow and monday. as well as pulling the stock skid and track out and changing out the drivers. here are a couple pics

fire n ice headlight intake installed

trail tank installed

Last edited:
J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
and what i have to look forward to over the next couple days

will have more install photos and hopefully near completion photos on monday or tuesday

Premium Features