• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

lost my m1000 crank saturday

M
Dec 4, 2007
vernal utah
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on why? It is a lightly modded 08 m1000 with the oil injection removed. I am premixing arctic cat apv 38:1 and it looked like there was plenty of oil in the cases. It was the inside pto side bearing. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I may do differently? Oh yea the sled only has 500 miles on it.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
oh yeah, that was the sole cause.

Had a buddy with an 07 M1000 WITH injection have his go out yesterday (1500 miles or so). Seemed to be under oiling, my take is GET RID OF the oil injection, one less thing to go wrong.

C

cobbycat

ACCOUNT CLOSED
May 15, 2008
salmon arm, b.c.
if you want to take off the oil injection on a m series you have to take your motor apart and cross drill your journals or install a blockoff plate with a grease nipple(don't forget to grease it!!). oil cannot get to the inside berrings so you have to do one of these things. personally I would do the cross drilling!

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
I seen 2 m1000 cranks go out this last week both the same lower rod bearing on the pto side 1 08, 1 07 had plenty of oil must be a week point in the motor but my god they make power!!!!!!!! I dont recomend cross drilling on the m worked on the 1m but not the m

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Seems like the oil injection/removal issue is about as polarized as porting a track, everyone is either FOR 100% this way, 100% another way or against 100%.

Interesting.

Myself I like to eliminate anything mechanical that can easily fail so I'd prefer to premix.

smoothdawg

Premium Member
Apr 7, 2008
Spokane, WA.
What mods do you have? Have you ever had any trouble with your motor, burndown or leaking coolant? These cranks are not cheap, hopefully you still have warranty. AC will only warranty a stock sled so keep that in mind when you take it in. I had mine rebuilt by SLP and it was about 800.00. I did the rebuild myself, its not bad if you have an assembly manual. Let us know what you find out.

Last edited:
Premium Features