• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aerocharger stumble, Dobeck/MAP sensor info needed

C

chanks7

Dec 3, 2007
My 2014 PRO RMK 800 with a non-intercooled aerocharger kit has been running great for the last 2 seasons. This year on my first trip to Togwotee I started to have random bogging issues, seemed more priminent when getting up into higher elevations around 10,000 ft but it would be fine at 8,000 ft. It would bog really bad and sometimes wouldn't have enough power to keep the track spinning and I would have to stop, drop back down to the bottom of a hill and it would run great again.

The other questionable symptom I noticed is the 8th LED (blue) on the aero-commander controller was blinking while the sled was at idle? I thought this light only came on when boost was detected? I'm thinking if it detecting boost and adding fuel at idle that could be part of my issue? I assume the controller uses the MAP sensor that came with the kit to detect boost and activate the 8th LED?

Any help on what could be the cause or insight on how the controller is supposed to work would be greatly appreciated!

X
Oct 8, 2009
Call dobeck on the box to diagnose. It may be going bad, or you may have a boost line issue going into the box. I have seen both with those. Regarding the turbo, try opening the turbo veins a little to reduce back pressure. It may be out of adjustment. If that doesnt help you may need to prepare for a new turbo, mine did that two years ago and blew out in a chute.

Premium Features