• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 154 sp is home

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Just ad oil and gas if you feel the need for better shocks after a while there are many good options. I would not do any suspension mods before trying a simple upgraded on shocks. I ran elkas on my last sled and it was phenomenal what it did to that sled no need for big mods once you have quality adjustable shocks. That said I will run my stock ones for a while and have the Elkas reworked for the 850.
The stockers really start to fade after 500 miles. X Package ones should be better and can also be reworked.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Just turn the torsion blocks to 5 and lighten the center shock preload as light as you can. A good rear shock will also help a lot. Or you could get the exit torsion delete for $600 and it would be much better.

M
Jul 20, 2012
Thanks for all the shock info i wasnt looking for.aybe i should have been more specific.
Limiter strap is tightened one hole. Should i stiffen mt front and rear suspension to match. Not to be a dick but some of u guys poach threads and make it about you. Wow!

C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
Just turn the torsion blocks to 5 and lighten the center shock preload as light as you can. A good rear shock will also help a lot. Or you could get the exit torsion delete for $600 and it would be much better.

I've always turned my torsion blocks to 5 as well. Some will argue, but it has always helped me with trenching. When you say the center shock as light as you can, you mean stiffen it up? Where do you put the limiter strap? Do you set the front suspension as soft as you can as well?

Thanks

C
Mar 13, 2014
Most of us are just trying to give u ideas of what we are doing so that gives u more info on products u may or may not be aware of and how they work...
Thats the main reason why im on this site...
I dont feel like thats "poaching" at all....

LoneViper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
I may be all wet but on my XM I had the rear torsion spring on 3 or 4, the center shock on 2, limiter in stock hole. Ski shocks on 2.

I'm going to try the same setting on the new one and see what happens. I have an SP so my shocks have the cam.

L

logan1080

Feb 12, 2013
I'm 210 lbs in gear and went up one hole in limiter strap and to 3 on the torsion blocks. That's a 2015 154. Just the right mix of climbing ability and playfulness I found. Also went to 2 on front shocks.

Premium Features