• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

17 Gen4

R
Oct 10, 2014
I want to snowcheck one, but am hesitate about it being a first year. Are the demos having any serious problems? I'm sure they have a few getting over 1000 miles already so just checking to see what's up with the new motor and chassis before I check one????

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
This sled here had 9 thousand KM on it in these vids. Now it has over 10 plus, runs every bit as sweet as the many P3 prototypes people are riding nice I broke 4 of them in. This black one is an early prototype....runs sick.

This is a 2016 t3 163 following the 165

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Same sled

sled skiing with the sled, climbs so well

Not saying the sled won't get further refined over the next few years as a 13 xm is not the same as a t3 2016, each year they figure better placement for wires, calibration can change a small bit that makes a difference, etc, but I would not worry about failures, dos mandate after 2008 was to produce a sled that is reliable, it is what people want, on any survey people choose reliability over weight, and new parts every time, it may not seem that way on the forums but that is what real world customers want and why ski doo can offer a 3 year and 4 year is you spring check warranty. And most never have to use it. Hope that helps your decision. Nothing wrong with waiting either, but I know personally this is going to be like 2013 when guys said they would wait, then when they saw their buddy ripping the new xm and they were still on their xp, ski doo sold a ton of in season sleds cause guys could not wait. The difference this time is there is a limited number of sleds that can be made so if they sell out all of of them in the spring check, there won't be any on store floors in the fall. Sucks but that is happening in a lot of zones as dealers have sold through their allotment, there might be some dealers that don't but those will be gobbled up pretty fast, I think. cheers dave

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
I keep hearing this limited number crap has anybody found a dealer that said he was sold out and couldn't sell u a 850 if u wanted it?

I believe it's marketing crap. For what dealers are wanting to trade a 15 or 16 in on a 17 the 850 better be amazingly better.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
I keep hearing this limited number crap has anybody found a dealer that said he was sold out and couldn't sell u a 850 if u wanted it?

I believe it's marketing crap. For what dealers are wanting to trade a 15 or 16 in on a 17 the 850 better be amazingly better.

Over 3/4 of them are sold out in BC and elsewhere, now. Pemberton dealer sold his allotment in 2 hrs. The build date starts on a specific date and ends on one, they can only make so many in that allowed time, it would be great if there was not a limited amount actually as many people will miss out and be mad, but the warning has been there for some time. There may be dealers that don't sell out of their allotment but not a lot of people are gonna buy a sled super far away from their area if they want one, and they won't have a ton, because of the limit, dealers specifically got an allotment and it depended on many things. You never get what you want for a trade in, you really do it for the hassle of having people come to your house to kick the rubber of your sleds.

Premium Features