• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

13 xm secondary out of adjustment

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Montana
For correct belt deflection (tighter) I am out of adjustment. What to do? I have a new ski doo 391 belt. After break in I had to max out adjuster to get it to start in low gear. I couldn't RPM at beginning of pull on a hill climb.

Last edited:

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
For correct belt deflection (tighter) I am out of adjustment. What to do? I have a new ski doo 391 belt. After break in I had to max out adjuster to get it to start in low gear. I couldn't RPM at beginning of pull on a hill climb.

Too loose? How about a pic of your secondary

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
That is odd. I do notice that I run out of adjustment on my rigs before the belt is done. Kinda sucks.
So is the belt new or not? Post is a bit confusing. If you didn't adjust the belt through breakin and was hard on it, it could be worn beyond adjustment.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Montana
Belt is new and is going through break in. I had 10 miles on it when I started hitting the steep and deep. I had to adjust deflection and now have little adjustment left. Just wondering if there if there are shims or washers that can be done to give me more adjustment. I think the belt is not to spec.

Premium Features