• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Apex MTX rear shock

D
Nov 30, 2007
Anybody know of a replacement shock for the one in the skid? The rear shock on mine went out at the end of last winter. Its an 08 MTX 40th anniv. Thanks for any help.

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
If you want to do aftermarket I'd honestly look at doing a timbersled with the stock rails. Reasonable price, and drop quite a bit of weight. Otherwise just call up your local dealer and order an OEM one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
I have run a Nytro XTX reservoir shock in the Apex skid. Its the same skid with different rail length. Worked about 200% better. Coupled it with a crude device and it handled large hp on steep climbs as well as any $4k skid I have bought in the past.
Cheers
RS

D
Nov 30, 2007
I have run a Nytro XTX reservoir shock in the Apex skid. Its the same skid with different rail length. Worked about 200% better. Coupled it with a crude device and it handled large hp on steep climbs as well as any $4k skid I have bought in the past.
Cheers
RS

This is the back shock with, the one without the spring correct?

B
Dec 5, 2010
Carver performance also carries a Fox shock that's fits the apex and can be valved for you and your weight. I've sold a bunch of them and cost is great, around 450 I believe. Works 100x better than stock and is rebuild able as well.

D
Nov 30, 2007
Thanks for the replies, i am looking at some different options. Was just reading about using a Venture MP rear shock, has anyone done this and is it a straight bolt on?

Premium Features