• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dragon & RMK 08-10 wide running board kit

S
Nov 26, 2007
Washington State
That is what I want minus the rack and I don't want wider running boards. I waffled basically right where the rear bar attaches to the tunnel and slightly behind it. Want the stock top but need stronger sides and bars. I have looked at the VE bumber, board kit but don't want them wide. Got anything like that coming mike?

DangerousDave

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Kalama WA.
Wide running boards!

Try our new 08-10 wide running board kit $ 299.95. Includes VE edge. Installation, cut a portion of stock running board, including the edge. Re move stock steel edge tube, It is replaced with VE edge. New running board is 3/4" wide in front and 1 3/4" wide in rear. The edge bolts directly in stock location using stock bolts. Running board insert rivets in. Rivets are included. Note: insert has changed from picture it does not go up the side of tunnel.

This original post got way off subject (a couple years ago).

Has anyone installed the Van Amburg wide running board kit on a Dragon?

How are they?

Who sells them? Or is it best to order from VA direct? ($314)

DangerousDave

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Kalama WA.
Wide Boards?

So, has anybody put wide boards on their Dragon, Van Amburg, Air frame, or WRP?
i need to do something before this season, if not a wide board kit at least an insert to clear the snow, maybe Better boards?
Any advice? is the advantage of the wider boards out weighed by negitive effects? Does it affect the ability to sideill or does the extra width make it more likely to get stuck because they hang up on the snow when its deep?

Premium Features