• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Mountain Tek Big Boost Turbo Videos!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

MTNTK

Premium Member
Nov 5, 2009
Ashton, ID
mtntkperformance.com
Introducing the 2012 Polaris Pro R 800 with style! Introduced last year with the introduction of the worlds best snowmobile the 2011 Pro R was an animal with the BIG BOOST TURBO kit manufactured buy Mountain Tek Performance - MTNTK. Often imitated and even copied but never duplicated. Make sure to watch the walk around video and early snow testing. More to follow....

Walk around Video
http://youtu.be/nH_4ZT932AM - updated!

Early snow testing Nov 10th
http://youtu.be/bjvT4fhPL0w
http://youtu.be/1opB8Pskp8g

Last edited:

PMSPOLARIS

Premium Sponsor
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2009
Ashton Idaho
www.pmspolaris.com
These kits are so smooth!

We're so happy to sell these Big Boost Turbo kits from Mountain Tek, all of our customers that rode them last year last year loved them. The throttle response on these kits are phenomenal for tree riding and side hilling. Shawn and Rob pay great attention to detail as you can see with this kit. By far this is the cleanest turbo kit out there with no cutting or welding required.

Last edited:

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Out of all the turbo kits i have seen, in my opinion, this is the best looking and cleanest install of them all. Love the low center of gravity!

Great job gentlemen! :)

Cheers!

C
Apr 22, 2010
MTNTK does it again

I rode MTNTK new turbo Thursday and it is awesome. The throttle response is great. The fuel tuning is dialed in and spot on. The clutching was also very good for the snow conditions.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Could you post some onboard video of the sled in the mountains in technical terrain. Would like to hear/see how it works in the hills. Cost of your kit?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
NICE WORK!

I had a chance to visit with the MTNK guys at the SLC show... A very high quality kit with some very innovative features.

I'm a big fan of the Aero Turbchargers which this kit uses.
Very clean use of the upper console intake for cold air to the turbo and the off-boost intake valve should help low end response in this kit.

I'm looking fwd to getting some seat time on one of these this winter.... Nice Work!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

K

Kestrel2126

Nov 17, 2009
Grand Jct, CO
Curious about the horizontal mounting of the Aero Turbo. I admittedly don't have very much experience with the Aerocharger, but I have always been told that it needs to be mounted vertically. The reason being that an Aero has a single, end mounted shaft bearing (rather than bearings in between the exhaust and compressor wheels), and horizontal mounting would put unnecesary side load on the shaft assembly. Has Aero made a change in design, is this info incorrect, or have you guys figured something out to make this not an issue with the sideways mounting? Thanks

MTNTK

Premium Member
Nov 5, 2009
Ashton, ID
mtntkperformance.com
A few years ago the aerocharger was plagued with problems and many people had theorys as to why they were failing. This sideways mounting we have found to be no trouble at all. In fact we have never had one fail, only when an engine component has failed and damaged it - go figure. The actual rotating assembly in a turbo charger is so small and danty (very low mass) the weight is a very small factor in the bearings role of keeping things under control.

Premium Features