• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sidehilling, XP Unbalanced?

K
Oct 2, 2008
Clarkston W.A.
Not to be a d*** but a little more practice riding and youl probly figure it out, unless you think the front end is to heavy then go back to riding the ole tub chassy pol.:D I am fairly new to the sledding world, with only 3 yrs under my belt, I struggled with right hand side hills on all sleds i have rode until it just clicked one day. Probly not the xp's prob.

REKXP

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2009
North Idaho
In response to Keystones remark... It isn't a practice thing.:rolleyes: It is noticeable. Not much but there is a difference. I for one have been riding for well over 20 years and the old polaris gen1 and 2 were common for me. Not an xp prob? Never said it was a problem...Just something I noticed however slight it might be.

K
Dec 17, 2008
penticton, b.c.
aside from the clutches being on the left side of the sled, are you still running the outside idler wheel on the back-right side? that might have something to do with your issue?? i see a lot of guys running without it, and they say they find it a little easier to roll up on the right side without it....just a thought

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
Just for giggles I put on a friends right spindle today, problem went away. I can't see the damage, but it must be rolled in a few degrees. Thanks for the feedback.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
so you think that everyone that has a hard time sidehilling might tweaked suspension? my sled's brand f'in new! i'll give it more of chance though. ha ha. i had some "other" issues that i'm solving currently.

Full ride report after the sled is dialed in.

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
No, it seems unlikely that everyone who notices the difference has any structural damage. My sled REALLY did not want to turn right, it was way more than the gyroscopic effect of the clutches, which I think is likely where some feel the difference.

Premium Features