• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what skies will the best for powder riding

J
Feb 11, 2009
california
what skies will be the best for powder riding

was looking to get some skies just for the powder. just wanting to know everyones opinion on aftermarket skis for the deep thanks.:D

B

bmiller

Nov 26, 2007
stuck in the flats of ND
blue skies

Just kidding. I have no clue I was have ridden with stock skis. Lots say simmons. I have a simmons genII on my snowhawk, it is as big as a surf board. I would think the gen II would be good on heavy sleds to help keep the front end on top. But I had an apex mtn. with stockers and it did just fine.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Skis really dont do a hekk of a lot while going up hill in pow. If you are changing just for the sake of change , cool. If you are expecting much difference you will be disappointed. Kinda like going to 2 wheels in the skid;)

dooitbig

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2009
ks
the thinner the better if u want your sled to carve in the pow u cant carve with you skis on top of the snow

Y
Nov 26, 2007
opinion

the riding I do ski's can make a huge difference. Sure if all you are doing is pointing up a hill then Insaneboltrounder/sjohns comments stands. But if you are running through the trees, doing a down hill s@*thook, sidehilling, bouncing through the meadows, skis can make or break your day literally!

Thin skis for carving, never heard that one.

T
Feb 14, 2008
Golden BC
so what do you like to run then? never tried any skis other than stock ones on my 04 rev everyone said they were junk but i never seemed to have any problems making my sled do what i wanted it to and i dont just point it straight up or down the hill. just pickin up a 08 xp in a few days are the stock skis that bad? or do people just change em cause they have more money than brains.
id rather spend mine on more gas and another six pack

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Since we're on the subject....I just threw some Simmons and Sly-Dog powderhounds up in swap-meet for a GREAT price :beer;;)

G
Nov 26, 2007
Bozeman, Montana
Ski Doo Pilot 6.9 are hard to beat, Powder Pro's good 2

So fare I like the Pilot 6.9 on my XP, I've had Arctic Cat factory's ski's, Simmonds Gen II, Gen I, I liked the Powderhound's best, I haven't tried the Powder Pro's yet but I've heard their good.
I will say the Pilot 6.9's haven't darted on the trail back to the BooneDocking area yet this year. I've ridden a 150 miles this year in the Bozeman,MT area!

Last edited:
S
Aug 10, 2009
If you are looking to carve in deep powder I love my Simmons gen I. Or am i just rich? Well my wife wouldn't tell you that one. The simmons make a huge difference carving, they don't float like the stock but when i'm going up hill my skies arn't touching anyway. I have riden the powder pros, they are good for carving and float good but in any other situation then powder i can't stand them, they dart and bit on every thing. Stock ski's are good but i love my Simmons.

Premium Features