• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Muffpot on XP?

T

tpollon2

Dec 2, 2007
Calgary
Muff Pot Working Great on XP

Here's mine it looks like it will work good sitting in my garage.Click on the thumbnail to see mine.

I have mine mounted like GDreyer310. Just more towards the nose so that I have room for my spare belt in stock location. After locating proper spot, I recommend taking off clam shell and making 2 holes in it with a hole saw. Put clam shell back on and cut insulation out with exacto knife. Mount the muff and 3 hrs riding, a couple good pulls and you can burn your mouth if you are not careful.

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Here's some pictures of my silencer. Any idea what brand this is? It looks a little different than the Straightline Performance silencer I posted earlier.

100_1371.jpg 100_1372.jpg 100_1373.jpg

G
Nov 26, 2007
Bozeman, Montana
Well it looked in my garage

You guys was right, I tried my muff pot out Saturday and it took a long
time just to get hot where i had it mounted. Wow I hate to cut holes in my muffler clam shell. Although it would work that way, Maybe on the can
next trip?

T

tpollon2

Dec 2, 2007
Calgary
Upper Clamshell

time just to get hot where i had it mounted. Wow I hate to cut holes in my muffler clam shell. Although it would work that way, Maybe on the can
next trip?
If you mess up your clam shell or do not like your mod it is only
Front Upper Half Envelope 1 $16.79
SKU: 514054219---Jaycox Powersports

R

Ramjet15x

Nov 27, 2007
Leduc, AB
Muff Pot

Have two sleds with muff pots mounted as per Gdreyer but removed the insulation, put the clamp under the insulation as well so that the clamp stays tight instead of coming loose after crushing the insulation and aluminum cladding

Wrap everything in tin foil and it wont burn, then you dont need to clean the burnt offerings from the pot, just a little wipe down and reuse for the next time. We like chicken wings and dried ribs the best.

Takes about 1 1/2hour and perfect...

C
Dec 24, 2007
I think mounting the muff pot on the can of the XP is the best idea. I had it on the pipe and it just did not get that "hot"even with 10miles of riding last season. I moved mine closer to the engine on the pipe 2 days ago while getting my sled ready but its going to hard to get in and out of. Good idea with mounting on the can, i might change mine up.

A

Adrenalin

Nov 2, 2008
Los Anchorage, AK
thats a straightline can , i got one on my garage floor , ditched it for a dynoport ,

ok can i guess but sounded like crap and wasnt the lightest.

originally i bought it because my dealer said it was the only can to make more HP on the XP's

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
Cut the clamshell where it needs to mount. It wont get hot enough if its on the pipe and over the shell. Clam shells are cheap. Besides, if you sell the sled, you could just include the muffpot with it.

Or install new shells so the new aluminum has maximum bling effect for the guys that like shiney things:D

P
Nov 14, 2009
Here is where I installed mine! Stoked on hot pockets, anyone got a guess on cook time? and do I just throw one in in the plastic wrapper in some tin foil?

Stay away from tinfoil! Out of the plastic, wrap in parchment paper. (Parchment, NOT wax!)

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
thats a straightline can , i got one on my garage floor , ditched it for a dynoport ,

ok can i guess but sounded like crap and wasnt the lightest.

originally i bought it because my dealer said it was the only can to make more HP on the XP's

My thoughts exactly when I put it on. That's what kinda made me suspicious whether it was an HPS or not.

T

tpollon2

Dec 2, 2007
Calgary
Muff Pot

next trip?
If you go the mounting on the can route, you will want to keep the lid right side up. Depending on your food of choice you could end up with one hell of a mess.

G
Nov 26, 2007
Bozeman, Montana
I try ed Ramjetsx15 idea on the muff pot

I took the muffler out, took the clam shell apart. I cut the insulation just under the muff pot and a bought the same size as the pot. I put it all back together. I rode 42 miles Saturday, the muff pot worked great.The food gets hot but it don't burn, an it don't get hot under the hood either.
This way you don't have to cut the clam shell either,unless you just won't too.

Last edited:
Premium Features