• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 Rev ????

A
Jul 6, 2009
Did the 07 Summit X-RS have a wider skie stancen than the Summit X?
What is the ski stance on the Summit X ?
What is the ski stance on the X-RS (if different from the X)?

S
Dec 25, 2007
Seattle
unlike the XP's Hillclimb edition, the X-RS stance is the same as the X in the 07's which is an adjustable stance of 39-42 (the spacers in the ski saddle) but, the A-arms on the X-RS are beefier with reinforcing..but most people will agree that the a-arms on these sleds are much stronger than the front bulkhead (nun)

G
sorry for the rookie question, having a 07 summit myself. i have seen the spacers you are talking about, what advantage would i get from having the skiis out further?
on a somewhat related note, thoughts of setting the rear suspension for off trail. anyone adjusting the strap and to what position. looks like there is room to go 3 more holes down.
thanks

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
Wider ski stance= more stability. Doesn't lay over quite as easy, little better on trails. I have mine narrow since I'm smaller and need all the advantage I can get.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
sorry for the rookie question, having a 07 summit myself. i have seen the spacers you are talking about, what advantage would i get from having the skiis out further?
on a somewhat related note, thoughts of setting the rear suspension for off trail. anyone adjusting the strap and to what position. looks like there is room to go 3 more holes down.
thanks

Try letting the limiter out a hole. Letting it out farther makes for lighter steering and more weight transfer....just have to experiment to see what works best for you. I believe I had my '07 2nd from the loosest hole, rear on firmest and front shock set fairly soft. :beer;

G
Try letting the limiter out a hole. Letting it out farther makes for lighter steering and more weight transfer....just have to experiment to see what works best for you. I believe I had my '07 2nd from the loosest hole, rear on firmest and front shock set fairly soft. :beer;
Winter Brew,
Thanks and a question. On the shock(s) you are referring to the rear suspension shocks, correct? What you are describing is what I am wanting to do with transfer. I adjusted the front suspension shocks 2 clicks up which helped with the minimal time I put on the trail. Are you in agreement on that mod? Thanks again

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Yes, I am referring to the rear susp shocks.
On my '07 159 I ended up ditching the sway bar and going with heavier front springs (it's VERY soft with stock spring and no sway bar, even with preload jacked up). It makes for good cornering on the roads and MUCH nicer for boondocking and off camber landings, it eliminates alot of feedback to the bars in the bumps....nicer ride also. :beer;

D

deep_doo

Nov 30, 2007
Sheridan
thanks
first of all u need to ride it first to see what it is doing for transfer if it is lifting the skis more then a few inches you are getting the front of the track off the snow and losing traction , but not enuff left is also bad you want to keep the track angel as flat as posable coming out of the tunnel to help it plain up on the snow as fast as posable .if you have the strap to lose it will shove the front of the suspension down into the snow causing the angel to be steeper and needing a higher speed to plain up on top of the snow. i like to keep mine sucked up one hhole from stock and front rear shock med. and rear rear spring one above med.
in the spring when the snow is go anywhere snow i will let the strap lose for the fun factor of pulling wheelies. :face-icon-small-hap there now u have my .02

G
Yes, I am referring to the rear susp shocks.
On my '07 159 I ended up ditching the sway bar and going with heavier front springs (it's VERY soft with stock spring and no sway bar, even with preload jacked up). It makes for good cornering on the roads and MUCH nicer for boondocking and off camber landings, it eliminates alot of feedback to the bars in the bumps....nicer ride also. :beer;
I sure appreciate it. After getting home last night, I adjusted the strap per your guidelines. As I looked at the rear skid shocks, the rear shock does not have any adjustment that I can see, but there are what I call blocks that can be turned to 1 of 4? positions (I remember adjusting my buddies Polaris back when). Is this what I need to adjust vs the rear shock. Or do I leave that alone and call it good? Again, I sure appreciate your input, hope you can understand my lack of knowledge, nothing like a motorcycle.

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
Yes, those blocks are the rear spring preload. Since they are not on the shock, you really adjust it there. Put those on the largest side, so it makes the spring as compressed as it can. This will help a bit.

There is also a guy on DooTalk with some spring spacers. They go on the upper rear shaft and keep the spring centered. They supposedly help the spring to give a bit more linear feel. Some guys have said they feel a bit stiffer with the spacers in as well.

Good luck

Joe

Premium Features