• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Custom Sno Scoot

B

Bullheadmoto

Dec 26, 2007
1988 Yamaha SnoScoot (Sno Scoot)..Custom built and one of a kind. These are trail legal on all snowmobile trail systems.

Frame and subframes beadblasted and powdercoated in satin black.
Body plastic was professionally treated and painted..looks Ferrari beautiful.
Custom decals made with latest 3M material.
Factory Yamaha 40th Anniversary Special Edition emblem on the hood.
Custom headlight pod with mini fairing: Projector beam flood or low beam, focused prism high beam with additional/simultaneous low beam for excellent visibility and safety.
Custom tucked-under billet LED tail/brake lights. WAY brighter than stock, super light, super cool and out of the way of potential damage.
Custom seat done professionally with highest quality cold-weather motorsports material available (tested to -60 below zero, four-way stretch, antifade, completely water and weather proof, 30,000 rub tested).
Mototassinari VForce 3 carbon fiber reeds give instant throttle response.
Powermadd composite skis. Super-light, easy-steering, tough and forgiving. Much faster than the old-school steel skis.
Powermadd billet throttle block with easy-pull throttle.
Maier Racing safety tether kill switch.
Powermadd handguards keep the hands warm, and safe from branches, etc.
Brand new Camoplast/Yamaha track (over $600 with tax). This is a brand new, fresh from the factory track (Camoplast/Yamaha part number sticker still on the track). Face it, a 20 year old track, even in really great shape, is still a 20 year old, hard, dry, and stiff track. Not this one, which means no broken track on Christmas day or any other day for that matter.
Slydog idler wheels.
Scott Racing handgrips. Soft, comfortable, brand new.
New drive belt.
New bearings.
New fuel and oil lines.
Carb has been totally rebuilt with needle and seat, pilot jet, main jet, etc.
Exhaust system is complete and undamaged (most are missing the muffler or it's dragging on the ground and at least partially smashed in)
Every single part, nut, bolt, washer etc has been replaced, cleaned, greased, treated, painted, powdercoated or upgraded. All fasteners have been tightened and checked.

This machine is approximately 26lbs lighter than a stock SnoScoot, has the much faster plastic skis, a brand new, easy-spinning track, new bearings, new idler wheels, fully rebuilt carb and VForce 3 carbon fiber reeds so it will easily out perform all other stock snoscoots and will run rings around the little 120's, especially in any kind of deep snow.

Serious cash buyers only please. I built this machine to sell. Am building others and I will consider a stock Yamaha SnoScoot or Yamaha SnoSport in ANY condition as partial payment. $4000.00.

100_2297.jpg

100_2300.jpg

100_2302.jpg

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
scoots

anybody ever swap a different motor in a scoot? maybe a bravo 250 or something like that. i have this idea of putting my old snowhawk 121 track and skid,a bravo 250 motor and an a-arm type suspension up front. i have a new 450r quad front end for parts. i think it would be a blast and my wife could ride it without feeling intimidated by a full size sled...lets see some custom scoots for ideas! i saw pics of that banshee motor scoot,but that looks a long way from being ridable....

B

Bullheadmoto

Dec 26, 2007
Sorry for not updating here. That scoot sold a couple days after I put it up here. XSummitX, PM me for details...

Premium Features