• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.
A
Feb 14, 2015
Hey guys I have a 2002 800 efi twin mountain cat that I just got from Craigslist. I started ridding and noticed that whenever I hit the 6000 rpm mark my engine starts to stutter and lose speed and power. Also when I give some throttle it would hesitate for couple seconds and the engine stalls and then take off. I can barely hit the 60 mph mark on packed snow. Is it the efi itself or maybe I need to clean something out? Can anyone help? Thanks

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Could be a lot of things, fuel pump, injectors, clutching, spark plug wires, tps. I had a 02800 efi for almost 10 years, I would suspect the stator but there are many other things that could produce the same issue.

J
May 8, 2009
For sure could be a number of things, but I like to rule out the things the are easy to check. A bad tss can cause those issues, and you just need to unplug it and go for a rip to see if it fixes the issue (note your kill switch won't work with it unplugged)

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
Take the cover off your power valve servo and so you can see if it is working properly and check the cables.

Premium Features