• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

driver ??

V
Dec 7, 2007
Froid,Montana
ok, i have decided to go with a 3.0 pitch track and have found a 153 powerclaw taken off a 2012 m800. this is the driver i purchased. my question(s) are....is it an antiratchet driver? i was told that for an anti ratchet driver, that the track needs to be fully clipped. that said....the other pic i have is a stock driver off a m800. the guy i am getting the track from says its clipped every other window. so do i not need to clip every window than??

driver 1.jpg driver2.jpg

S
Sep 5, 2011
Okotoks, Alberta
I'm running avid extroverts and a half clipped 153" power claw with no issue.

Any driver that has fingers poking through the track is an extrovert or anti ratchet driver. Most are combination drivers like the ones you have pictured. They poke through but also have an introvert portion that grabs the nubs on the inside of the track. Your first picture is an introvert (two outside drivers) and a combination driver.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I have seen many people run extroverts on a not fully clipped track.

Your setup looks like it should work fine.

However, I prefer fully clipped tracks for other reasons that the extroverts, so IMO, I would finish clipping the track anyway.

V
Dec 7, 2007
Froid,Montana
well...i installed the 3.0 driver and the 153 powerclaw and have ran into a problem. the nose of the skid now hits the fingers on the driver. can the suspension be moved back? i noticed another hole for the front bolts, that is about 2" back from the front holes

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
Shorter rail nose pieces from M rails might fix your problem or remove them and go with an anti stab kit.

V
Dec 7, 2007
Froid,Montana
now i am reading that on the 02 mountain cats, the chaincase needs to be dropped and rolled to reduce the angle of attack. i did notice a pretty big gap from the track to the curve of the rails.

Premium Features