• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

02 800 lockup

K
Nov 17, 2011
me and my buddy got my 02 800 rmk going last week after adding a bunch of goodies. I deleted the very-flow system (nothing but problems) the we got the idle set and called it a night, went to start it couple days later and it was locked up. pulled plugs the pulled and fuel shot all over. pulled head to find out cylinder was plumb full of fuel. pulled exhaust and j pipe was also full of fuel. why is so much fuel running in there? carbs? going out west over new years so need this thing dialed in ASAP

brandon1

Premium Member
Jan 20, 2009
Glenwood Springs
For whatever reason the floats in the carbs didn't stop the flow of fuel at the carb and allowed it to fill the engine.

Double check your veri-flow work and the float needle and seat. Also check the vent for the fuel tank and make sure it isn't plugged as well.

Otherwise just turn the fuel off and you shouldn't have that issue again.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Some vari-flow systems have a vent hole that was tapped into the top of one of the carbs. You would want to either plug that up or get a new carb cap plate.

Premium Features