• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic cat M7 reverse (video!)

flatspeed

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Sicamous, BC
The parts diagram shows a check valve at the oil pump inlet, so oil shouldn't flow backwards.
While running mine in reverse it smokes just as much as running forward, I'm not sure if this is just residual oil, but again, I'll be pulling the pump to investigate.

flatspeed

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Sicamous, BC
If I get it as dialed as I'd like, the hard part will be installing the helix..the rest anyone could do with some basic tools.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
For some reason i had thought that a recoil spring was being wound when you push the reverse button to spin the engine over backwards once the rpms slowed down. But I think I'm wrong on that. I beilve it's just a change in timing on these sleds. I know this was a simple mod on the 08 m1000. Was just a ECM reflash to 09 map and a ECM pin for the plug. But that was limited to the 08.

flatspeed

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Sicamous, BC
I wasn't clear enough, the reverse will be push button reverse, identical in operation to RER, perc, etc. aka no pull start.

In the video I posted, I did have to pull start it in reverse, because the electronic portion of the reverse function is still being developed. No ETA, but I will post any progress to this thread as it happens.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Keep us posted,I have told a few friends with m7's and they are all wanting to get this installed on their sleds...

Premium Features