• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Team clutch and MDS weights

M
Aug 18, 2010
Running a stock tuned, but with 2.5 exhaust 12 XF Turbo. Running a 141x2.25 track in Michigan. I mainly do Boon docking. I have close to 3,000 miles on my rig and not yet blown a belt. Just looking for something if possible in the clutching area. I just ordered the EVO belt to try. I run the 82 and used the D&D belt. No issues. Any thoughts?
Thanks

M

mtncat800

Nov 26, 2007
Central Iowa
Do NOT.......did I say NOT.....touch it. 250 miles on stock clutching, went to recommendations from the Racin Station last winter. 500 additional miles and 6 belts last year. Hope the new 14 clutch will fix it.

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Do NOT.......did I say NOT.....touch it. 250 miles on stock clutching, went to recommendations from the Racin Station last winter. 500 additional miles and 6 belts last year. Hope the new 14 clutch will fix it.

Was this with MDS weights and the Team Tied? What year sled? What gearing? Was the team alot louder? Did you feel that you picked up any performance with the team( track speed )?

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I just put a Team on and blew 2 belts in 2 rides- and before that 600= miles on stock secondary- a=never a problem... I have a alignment issue with the team clutch--- went riding today with the stock secondary.. and a full day riding not blowing a belt..... I am having to dig into this issue.
the 082 belts are really tight on the team- so you will have to open it up to silent the belt squeal... Ordered 2 of EVO's belts hope to be here before X-mas...... Going to focus on alignment with the team... no float I think, cause the clutches are Hot Hot Hot now....

Might have created a monster-willing to get it right-worth the effort

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
If you are going through belts with ANY clutch, you have a deflection, alignment, parallelism, bushing, or jack shaft issue. Possibly even a combination of these.

M

mooseman800

Jan 12, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I 100% agree with Racinstation. I have blown one belt in 6,700 kms on the M8 running redline for excessive time, bad mistake..... I bought a clutch alignment tool from Arctic Cat in 2009, and religiously check it twice per season. Alignment, alignment, alignment.

Premium Features