• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for ideas?

Spyder73

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Great Northwest (360)
I have an 07, 800XRS that was forced to sit for a year or two. I dumped all the gas, pulled carbs and cleaned them replacing the pilots. sled will start and idle perfectly. Lift up the rear and hit the flipper a few times and it wants to die without cracking the choke open and then will not idle at all without playing with the choke. Let it sit for a few and it will start and idle again perfectly! I have checked everything I can for possible blockage with nothing found. Pulled carbs and cleaned them again with the exact same results. Gotta be a fuel issue, am I overlooking something???

Thanks in advance for any help with this......:help:

Spyder73

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Great Northwest (360)
Ok, so disregard! I don’t know why I overlook the obvious sometimes. Thanks CHIA_PET74, after responding to your response I started thinking about the fuel situation. So here I go jumping on the sword. Being an idiot, I overlooked the fact that if the tank only has 3 gallons of fuel in it, when the @$$ end is raised up the fuel pickup tube in the tank is gonna be sucking air!!! Damn easy fix, even if it cost me a ride this weekend! Guess that’s what I get for overanalyzing the problem! :frusty:

Premium Features