• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Scag to scag distance for carbide runner set-up

P

PowderMiner

Feb 6, 2008
Snohomish-Plain, Washington
Trying to get a measurement for the scag to scag distance on the new XM, as it comes stock. want to put carbide runners on the sled deck ramp tonight and want to make sure the neighbor's sled will fit!

Thanks!

P

PowderMiner

Feb 6, 2008
Wondering what they are coming stock? And what is the ski width?

My neighbor gets his sled in 3 weeks... i am installing the carbide tracks on my sled deck ramp in the morning... the ramp is in the way, needs to be done and put out of the way

I am assuming that the skis are 8"wide... 4" outside of carbide, or offset???

My ramp is 48" have 6" Caliber carbide tracks

If I but them to the edges that leaves 36" in the center; if flush to one side on loading he hits the cross bars?

48 (ramp width)
- 4 (scag from outside edge)
= 44 (outside scag to other side of ramp)
- 35.7 or 37.4 (scag to scag)
~ 6.6 to 8.3" (center scag on inner ski) scags hit cross bars!!!

if i move them in 1"each that leaves 34" in the middle
~4.6 to 6.3" scags don’t hit... got to make sure no Simmons ski sleds load on ramp then.

Bottom line if the sleds come 37.4 stock then i can use 6" set in 1" on each side, otherwise i need to get an 8" guide.

If some one knows for sure or can go measure that would help make the decision.

Sorry for the long winded explanation, but maybe something you guys have to think about with these narrow new sleds?

P

PowderMiner

Feb 6, 2008
Ah-ha XM's a little late, explains the 3 more weeks until buddy's sled is in.

I am thinking i have enough 8" for one side and offset the 6" in an inch... then he needs to aim for the narrow side just to be sure. Hope they come the 37.4" wide. if not; its not my sled:face-icon-small-ton

ROKRIG

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2012
I measured a 2013 Summit X at the store last week and from ski center to center it was right about 36". I too was wanting to make sure I mounted my glides properly on my trailer deck and ramps.

S
Jan 26, 2012
I'll go measure mine and see if those widths are skag to skag.

They are shipped from factory without the skis installed, dealer does that. My dealer setup the sleds a friend and I picked up last week, all with the narrow setup, but very simple to change. One bolt/nut holds the ski on the spindle. Just pull the bolt and move the spacers to opposite side of the spindle.

Premium Features