• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Telescopic Steering Post Replacement

R
Apr 9, 2008
Utah
I have a 2010 M8 and I'm trying to replace the telescopic steering post. I have the replacement, but can not figure out how to disconnect the post at the base (bulkhead). Is there some kind of trick or special tool needed?

Thank you for any help you can give.

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
I have a 2010 M8 and I'm trying to replace the telescopic steering post. I have the replacement, but can not figure out how to disconnect the post at the base (bulkhead). Is there some kind of trick or special tool needed?

Thank you for any help you can give.

If you look up from the bottom of the sled in front of the track, you will see the nut you need to remove to get the steering post off.

You will need a long extension.

T

tcpeterson

Jan 14, 2009
Orofino, ID
Did you check the bulkhead??

While you were in the process of changing out the post did you inspect the bulkhead in that area? When i broke mine (pulled it out and welded it so i could ride the next day...) i noticed a hairline crack in the bulkhead. This seems to be a common thing and you can either build your own brace or there are a couple guys on there that make kits. From personal experience, if i had to do it again i would have just bought a kit from someone.

Take a look at it.....

Premium Features