• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ouch... Chris Brown's a Hurting unit. Anyone see this?

H
Dec 12, 2009
Are you serious? He was blinded with pow on the first landing. He didn't intend on going into the trees, he meant to go to his left of the trees and hit the second cliff.

I guess this type of thing happens when you intentionally jump off of cliffs, best of luck on a speedy recovery.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Well you do naturally want to go bigger and get out of your comfort zone when you are getting filmed. Going big will catch up to you sooner or later. Just thankful with all those injuries that he's still alive...and actually wants to ride again. Hope the healing goes well.

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
I was watching these guys do these drops the day before and they were amazing to watch.

This is a list of Chris's injuries: Fractured vertebras, shattered heel, fractured tibula & fibula, shattered pelvis, torn scrotum, torn abdominal muscle, fractured coccyx bone, lacerated blatter, internal bleeding. It all had to hurt but that torn scrotum had to be unbelievably painful!

I hear he is recovering well!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Call it a stunt or an extreme move or whatever you want. It was not a smart move.

It's called a mistake, that's what we call it. When you push it, mistakes have a bigger consequence than when you're sitting on your sled watching other people ride, or doing a bunch of turns in a flat meadow...

Don't worry, those of you that are complete panzies are likely safe. No trees will likely jump up & hit you 40 feet in the air by accident:face-icon-small-ton.

So weak to hear people whine about how a guy SHOULDN'T be out there pushing it though, or that riding how some of us choose to ride is stupid... SO WEAK.

Get out of your comfort zone every now & then... and ride like a real man. It's fun!!! (oh yeah, compared to Chris... I ride like a little sally girl... but at least I try!)

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
You can tell on the first drop where he was trying to go, the landing looks like it threw him to the side. Once your committed it just that. Makes me cringe reading the injury list.

H
Dec 12, 2009
So weak to hear people whine about how a guy SHOULDN'T be out there pushing it though, or that riding how some of us choose to ride is stupid... SO WEAK.

I don't think that anyone was "whining" about it, from the angle it was filmed it didn't look like there was a good place to land had things actually gone the way he wanted.

I for one enjoy watching people go out and do stupid thing, pass or fail it's usually entertaining for those watching.

1MEX

Apr 19, 2008
915 to the 801
www.wr-products.com
wow, critics are everywhere bad chit happens..

If you can't see the line he was intending to do, stick to the trails....:face-icon-small-dis
Sledders don't have stunt doubles... Not like Hollywood.. He was making a film to entertain all of us and to show the chit we are to chicken to do our selves :face-icon-small-sho.. This guys got big cahones to do what they do :nod:. I love their videos. Wish I could ride halve as good as Chris. :face-icon-small-hap :beer;:beer; For a quick recovery...:face-icon-small-coo

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
the older I get the more I think about bills/work/bitching war department as I am stuck in bed and pass on allot of things I would not have though twice about just a few yrs ago.those things would not have included a double drop ever but you catch my drift.unless I can see 2 ways out I just change my pantie liner and move on:loco:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I've got 2 mortgages, I run a company.... I've got responsibilities... but there's also such thing as calculated risk (some have more calculated, some have more risk... :D)

I can still got out & hit 100+ on a regular basis... I just have to think about it a bit more than I used to!!!!

A

ARICH

Dec 5, 2007
Ouch poor guy, hope chris has a speedy recovery. I know trees arnt soft but dang that seems about as unlucky as you cant get as far as injuries go, I mean how the heck do you bust your heel?
Just unfortunate it had to go down the way it did, get well soon chris.

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
I've got 2 mortgages, I run a company.... I've got responsibilities... but there's also such thing as calculated risk (some have more calculated, some have more risk... :D)

I can still got out & hit 100+ on a regular basis... I just have to think about it a bit more than I used to!!!!

100+ no prob heck was just did 127 with the mod f7 sat on the lake.but no more side hilling with 100ft drops if I **** up and usualy try not to smoke to much on pit stops to cloud the mind

Premium Features