• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Check out this BS

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
Definately not spinning did this also and the load is on the bolt down fall of the the 2 wheel kit, it was broke and moving around to make the damage it is aluminum and does not take much to do this even if it is not broken...And no cat will not warrenty thats forsure... Weld and grind down about 100bucks.. Mtn sleds do not ditch bang very well. good luck.

I ditch bang the **** out of my M1000 have yet had a 121 pull away no matter how tight and twisty or rutted.just have to stab the break hard in to the corner 1/2 way in giver her hell.got to do somthing to pass the time in between 1170mi drives out west

R

RCR3

Nov 14, 2009
Lava Hot Springs, ID
THIS WHOLE THREAD HAPPENED BECAUSE I WAS LOOKING AT THESE PICS WITH MY CELL PHONE AND NOT MY COMPUTER LIKE I AM NOW SO GOOD LAUGHS TO SOME HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE ALL BECAUSE I WAS TRYING TO HELP WITH MY STUPID OPINION HA! :face-icon-small-dis

Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Wow...I had no idea this thread kept going as I wasn't getting any email notifications.

No, the washers were not spinning so lets put that to bed!

2922pg1.jpg

I made a list of all the parts I need plus a few I don't need but I decided to go with the 4-wheel set up that the HCR has. I did this on my 141" 1200 and it's holding up good. I'll probably just have the rails welded up and then swap them so the welded side is on the inside. The parts brake out shows no replaceable bearing for the two small inner idlers...I have to wonder why Cat did that? I guess they don't like us going to NAPA for replacement bearings??

BTW the bearings are good in the 8" rear wheels, they move freely.

Last edited:
M

mhanson

Dec 12, 2009
Wow...I had no idea this thread kept going as I wasn't getting any email notifications.

No, the washers were not spinning so lets put that to bed!

2922pg1.jpg

:first:

My whole point in the thread is to ask why people state opinions on whats wrong if they aren't sure? all that does is add useless info. So someone was looking at there phone, why not find a computer before replying so you can see the obvious??

Time and time again there are threads where people are saying things but if they would read the previous posts and look at the pics they would figure out what they are saying makes no sense....

anyways,

Hope you get your sled up and running soon the 4 wheel upgrade is a great idea!

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Get a life dude. its not that big a deal, and yes you are #1 if that makes you feel better about yourself:face-icon-small-win

one.jpg

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
:first:

My whole point in the thread is to ask why people state opinions on whats wrong if they aren't sure? all that does is add useless info. So someone was looking at there phone, why not find a computer before replying so you can see the obvious??

Time and time again there are threads where people are saying things but if they would read the previous posts and look at the pics they would figure out what they are saying makes no sense....

anyways,

Hope you get your sled up and running soon the 4 wheel upgrade is a great idea!

So you cant voice your OPINION until you know for a fact that it is 100% true ? That is the beauty of this forum, if you have a problem with your sled that you cant figure out you can put up a post and get 50different opinions that will lead you to fixing the problem. Some right, some wrong and some not even close. The guy was asking what we THOUGHT caused the damage and we answered. Apparently your the ONLY one that is right.

M

mhanson

Dec 12, 2009
So you cant voice your OPINION until you know for a fact that it is 100% true ? That is the beauty of this forum, if you have a problem with your sled that you cant figure out you can put up a post and get 50different opinions that will lead you to fixing the problem. Some right, some wrong and some not even close. The guy was asking what we THOUGHT caused the damage and we answered. Apparently your the ONLY one that is right.

Ya i was right....i believe it was you and dave that had all the answers about the "spinning" washer.....

If i wasn't so sure of my answer i wouldn't argue....thats what i'm getting at. How could you not see that washer wasn't turning....i'm not the one that started talking about aluminum oxide......

i can't wait till the forum for the new chassis comes out...then it'll leave the ppl who love and know the m's here and the rest can speculate what they know on the new link.

Have fun

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Ya i was right....i believe it was you and dave that had all the answers about the "spinning" washer.....

If i wasn't so sure of my answer i wouldn't argue....thats what i'm getting at. How could you not see that washer wasn't turning....i'm not the one that started talking about aluminum oxide......

i can't wait till the forum for the new chassis comes out...then it'll leave the ppl who love and know the m's here and the rest can speculate what they know on the new link.

Have fun

hmmm...your food costs must be really really minimal...because your so full of yourself...try sticking your finger down your throat.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Do you have fantasizes while looking in the mirror :face-icon-small-blu

one2.jpg

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
I have 3 simple points to make, items to cover, things to add...if you will.

1. mhansen...u definitely need to chillax. 1st of all it snowmobiles. its not like we r arguing about something important...like who should have or have not gotten voted off American idol. that u could be justified getting ur undies in a bunch. 2nd of all being right doesn't mean u have to be a d!ck about it.

2. this is possibly the funniest and most accurae post EVER!

CLEARLY the washer is spinning.

duty_calls.png

:focus:

3. And finally, Mhansen, u did teach me something very important. something i'm going to incorporate into not only my posts on SW but at work, when talking to my wife heck even at church. I think the world would be a better and more exciting place if we all did this more. And I think we all know exactly what it is...

BOOM!

Last edited:
M

mhanson

Dec 12, 2009
Do you have fantasizes while looking in the mirror :face-icon-small-blu

edited...(!#$$%^#^)

all i was doing was sticking up for what i knew was right.
MOST of you i'm guessing.....

Funny how when people are wrong on here they act like its a big joke and no big deal.

And one of you was right...its all over a stupid snowmobile

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
The name calling is going to stop or this thread get's locked.

BTW.....for what it's worth...I didn't think the washer was spinning when I saw this picture....look at the inside of the washer closely.

v82zwk.jpg

M

mhanson

Dec 12, 2009
Scott, u forgot to add the "boom".

BOOM!

funny.ha ha

go polish the tunnel on your sled and ask some stupid question on how tight to tighten your handlebar bag. Then argue if the velcro goes on the inside or outside of the throttle cable.

while your at it spread some dumb pics of the 2012 that you'll be riding in 5 years... and make sure to tell everyone exactly what it weighs since you know...

BOOM

Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
The name calling is going to stop or this thread get's locked.

BTW.....for what it's worth...I didn't think the washer was spinning when I saw this picture....look at the inside of the washer closely.

v82zwk.jpg

In that pic the washer looks like it's worn half way though the rail but in reality the washer is whats worn from vibrating up and down.

Maybe I'll do everyone a favor and delete the whole thread?

B

Brett Slagle

Jan 11, 2008
My brothers 2010 M8 broke a track tension bolt last weekend. We caught it pretty quick though because the track started slipping over the drivers. He rides hard, but does not jump or bang the rear end super hard ever... seems like this is a problem for at least the 2010 rigs...

Premium Features