• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Crank injector oil lines.... not seeing oil ( pic)

C
Jan 14, 2009
Just had our 02' skidoo zx 800cc rotax motor rebuilt and with your help hooked up the crankshaft oil lines.
We ordered new oem oil lines and installed.
The builder informed me he lubed the crank real good.
We put a 1/2 cup of oil in the new fuel and new oil in the oil tank . We were ready to test

1. We pulled the rope start slowy to see if oil would fill the cranksfaft oil tubes ( clear tubing)- it did not!

2. We pull started the motor and ran it for about 10 seconds high idle and still no oil in the tubes..

shut her down and need to know the next step

is there a way to check for oil pressure?

btw- that oil pump setup sure is in a hard to get to location.

opinions appreciated...

the following pic shows where the tube (s) go brass
oil check valves. I'm not sure how the crank cyl oil injector check valves work....educate me

obliviously the left line is not installed in the pic fwiw

2002 rotax 005.jpg

Last edited:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Just had our 02' skidoo zx 800cc rotax motor rebuilt and with your help hooked up the crankshaft oil lines.
We ordered new oem oil lines and installed.
The builder informed me he lubed the crank real good.
We put a 1/2 cup of oil in the new fuel and new oil in the oil tank . We were ready to test

1. We pulled the rope start slowy to see if oil would fill the cranksfaft oil tubes ( clear tubing)- it did not!

2. We pull started the motor and ran it for about 10 seconds high idle and still no oil in the tubes..

shut her down and need to know the next step

is there a way to check for oil pressure?

btw- that oil pump setup sure is in a hard to get to location.

opinions appreciated...

the following pic shows where the tube (s) go brass
oil check valves. I'm not sure how the crank cyl oil injector check valves work....educate me

obliviously the left line is not installed in the pic fwiw

I would add enough oil to the tank to achieve 40:1 and then your safe to run while you manually hold open the pump to purge.

Y
Nov 27, 2007
Moorhead MN
bleed pump

Did you bleed the air from the oil pump? this is done by loosening the bleed scew on the front of the pump and let the oil run out till the line from the tank has no air in it, if the oil is cold you can blow into the tank to help push oil through. And wheres your torque stop bumper it's missing in your picture. And also that clutch side oil ck valve should be pointed in the 5 o'clock position.

Last edited:
C
Jan 14, 2009
torque bump stop is on and wondered about the position of the valve... thanks for the info.

Did not know about the bleeding procedure... I assumed there would be pressure much like

a vehicle oil pressure system.

How do you get to that oil pump to service..? Should I pull the carbs or is it easier to lift the whole

motor up?

That sucker is buried under there...:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
Premium Features