• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

$700 Polaris crankcase assemblies?

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Crankstud

I can't speak to his machine shop work but I have purchased and returned items from him on e-bay. He has taken things back when they were misrepresented. I don't know why his rating is 99% but you might check out the feedback section and check all to see what the issues were. Do you live near Utah? If you did you could go to their shop. I doubt if he is the only game in town when it comes to shortblocks.

M

mtnbound

Dec 9, 2002
Kennewick, WA
everything I saw negative was people complaining about time of shipping. In his auction it clearly states send your in your core THEN he will ship the new part. Or call and make arrangements to pay an extra $300 and he will ship and refund the $300 when your core shows up.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Bought a crank from him a few years ago, thing was mint and engine ran like brand new or better so I know he does good work on them.

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
Not knowing where you are from, but Indy Dan on here from the twin city area is good at cranks. thats what i heard, he just got done doing my turbo crank so i am still waiting to get it back.
just my .02 cents

B

boxster7614

Sep 20, 2008
Its j&j machinery in utah he does excelent work I am going to run my 700crank I just broke over there in the next day or two for him to fix. He did my 800 crank last year for me. He is pretty well know here in utah and the most reasonable priced guy out there.

SJORMK7

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Hayden Idaho
If it is j&j machinery in Utah, Here is my last expierence with him,I bought one of his rebuilt 800 cranks with wide bearing and a set of line bored cases,in the summer for my build, when the items showed up the crank main jounal was all black and appered to be never cleaned. The cases were line bored and clean but,, the pto journals had groves in them and if you put a straight edge on them you could see day light. I called and spoke with jay he said most of the cases after line boring do not clean up 100 % and that was fine, as far as the crank he said they just must not have cleaned it perfect, I went back and fourth with him for a while , then I ask some questions on this forum and the dealers, after all this he convenced me that it was all good and would warranty them for one year.After all this, here is were it gets interesting, I assembled the lower end put on one piston and cylinder and the crank would not turn over 100%, OOPs red light comes on he sent me 700 cases. Now I am pissed i calmly call jay back and he explained,, I was wondering what happened to those cases and explained to me he has new KIDS working in the shop and he was not there when the items were shipped.But if i wanted to in two weeks he has another shippment of cases returning from SLP that are getting lined bored and said he woulb Send me the best ones, what do I do ? I said sure.Then not after two weeks but,, 3 months I recieved the cases and they were my 800 cases i sent him for the core,Yes they were line bored and cleaned, SOO,Is this just a mistake and do we just say **** happens or what.? I have over 250 miles on the build and the motor runs perfect. Thats my story

Snow Duck

The Great and Mighty SnowDuck
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2009
Kuna Idaho to Elk City Idaho..
I use jj mach for all my work on cranks...if i had a problem i would talk to Jeremy and i am sure it would get taken care right away....just a little company not out to take the big bucks form anyone...

Premium Features