• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cat forums

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
To All the people dogging on others not wanting to stick around, or the pi$$ing matches going on. It needs to stop, This site has great potential, why not try to convince them to stay(much easier and far more successful). I know if someone straight up calls me out there will be war, and only one winner will come out, on the other hand we can all win. We need to be the ones bringing others to the site as well.

If you haven't noticed, there have been some huge threats to our riding areas by the government trying to turn everything into wilderness. I think this site has the potential to be one of the leaders in helping us put a stop to it. I don't have time to do it myself and to me there is no price you can put on sledding.

Someone stated this is coming about because of the economy and business are trying new things, But they failed to realize that with the economy many are looking for cheaper option and turned to this site. Just like most dealers parts departments shot up in sales but they can't keep there mechanics busy because everyone is doing it there selfs. This has increased traffic and caused a higher demand.

If you think its all for profit. (If your not a capitalist, then you don't need the money anyway) What do you go to work for, anyone here that has a sled makes profit and I would say there's a good chunk of use that do pretty well at it to own our toys. Why would anyone run a business to loose money.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I've never found anywhere else that has the quality of info you can find here. I also paid my way, but I don't look at it as paying for info. I look at it much more like a cover charge. I'm paying to get in the door and hang out with people who know what they are talking about.

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
I think the fact that this site was free made it what it was, if i would have had to pay from the beginning i don't know if i ever would have joined and i think any new members will get discouraged from joining as well. Hope it works out for Harris publishing but i am not sure it will i think if membership goes down too low they will lose the advertisers, its a big gamble but wtf its none of my concern. Like everyone else i have learn't lots on here and i thank you all and i will continue monitoring until the privilege is gone, Its seems we have to pay for everything we like these days sooner or later but it was nice to be able to have this for free while it lasted. There are other forums out there that are free and they are already starting to flourish, i found the one that i like so thats probably where i will be but thanks snowest if i miss ya too much i will just have to shoot ya 30 bucks no biggie, If you want to pay then pay if you don't then don't we all make our own choices in life choose wisely. Good Luck!!!

Last edited:
P
Nov 30, 2007
Utah
www.myspace.com
This will be intersting. All of the people that say they are staying mention all the information they get. Let's face it, this site is has people that contibute and those that take. Sure it might be worth 10 bucks if you are a taker, But will the contibutors pay 10 dollars to contribute? I am not posting any more information unless I am paid for it.

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
I agree its lame they are charging. Sure they could do it all with ads, but they have chosen a membership model. I remember when everything was free on the internet. Unfortunately not any longer.

The bottom line for me is the $10 a year is worth continuing to be a member of this forum (right or wrong), so I just paid. Its lame, but I am over it.

The digital copy of SW mag was the clincher for me since that alone covers the $10 a year.

M

MTnickmck

Mar 11, 2009
Missoula, MT
I think that was SNOWEST's dillema, they couldn't cover their budget on ads alone...

Additional expenses were required to upgrade their business, and unfortunately ads could not cover this.

Options for SNOWEST are to increase costs of advertisements (most companies are cutting this marketing element so tough gamble) increase areas in which ads are functional or to find an additional source of revenue.

They chose the safest option and will probably keep 70+% of participants and make their business plan work.

I'm looking forward to some of the new options. I was about to pull the trigger on 2 of the mag offerings, which would've cost me about $30 per year. Now I get those along with more for $14? Not bad and I don't need the hard copy mag anyway.

Shwinecat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Milbank, SD
It truly is the cheapest education I have ever receieved. It has saved me many hassels or heads up. I would have had down time on sleds while in the mountains. One wasted day in the mountains will pay for the membership for the rest of my life.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
The Goose is gone

pay or not pay...........I may.

The loosers will be SNOWEST.......oldest story in bussiness, kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

very few evey heard of an obscure mtn snow magazine from a small idaho town.....still don't. But this forum has been a bigger success than their print !! So when you turn to milk it, the tit will run dry. too bad

Until then $10

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
ahahaha
hahahahahahahahahhahahaha you think i dont live? you think my daddy pays for my chit... well you can go f right the hell off. im sick of you and ive only known you for 2 hours. I took out the loan for my first second and third sled, my dirtbike, paid for my pitbike in cash, my first truck second truck and my car. i blew a motor in my civic at 15 and $3000 later i swapped it by myself. I just hit a tree stump under the snow on my sled yesterday ripping the whole front end off, you think daddy is guna pay for that mistake? I dont think so. I pay for my own food at school everyday, my own gas to drive 30 miles to school everyday, my own clothes. Ive held a steady job since I was able to hold a job. So don't start buddy.

oh and congrats, you learned how to use the search bar.

everyone rags on me cause my age for money and the knowledge to do it. but im not the average 17 year old.

you coulda been humble about the situation like me i was to my point and done, but you took it to another level

That's a fawkload of stuff. your must work for your father

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Does this mean you're done? Seriously, could we be that lucky? I guess we'll find out.

Come on.

Most of this bickering is coming from people with hardly any post and from many I have never got info out of. Weather you find backcountry helpfull or not he gives all the info he knows and puts it out there. More than I can say for some.

To add to that, it used to be to get someone practically swearing took quite a bit, its always been fairly clean and professional. Plenty of dog fights but not this outright f this crap, which I learn nothing from except your character and if you don't have leg to stand on, I doubt there will be much to learn.

Last edited:
S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
everyone is right,... this is stupid! your right knowledge doesn't come free,.. but its not right that snowest benefits from other peoples knowledge does Jim john get paid for the information that he posts? NO! his gotta pay to post it and read it!

F

Flange

Oct 25, 2001
Calgary, Alberta
Come on.

Most of this bickering is coming from people with hardly any post and from many I have never got info out of. Weather you find backcountry helpfull or not he gives all the info he knows and puts it out there. More than I can say for some.

To add to that, it used to be to get someone practically swearing took quite a bit, its always been fairly clean and professional. Plenty of dog fights but not this outright f this crap, which I learn nothing from except your character and if you don't have leg to stand on, I doubt there will be much to learn.

All I'm say is "enough is enough". If you're not happy about paying Snowest to provide this tool that allows folks to share free information, fine...then say your piece and move on. Stop bringing it up on each and every post. If you can't see past the 50th post, or whatever it is, then pay $30 so you can, or keep your mouth shut and move on to these other free forums that everyone keeps talking about. Just stop whining about it....please!

Premium Features