• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

any issues putting a shock tower vent in front of the boondocker turbo intake?

T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
just like the title. is there any issues of putting a shock tower vent in front of the intake on the boondocker turbo. Basically trying to get cold air to the intake.

thanks
tim

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Montana
I would buy vent kits with powder screens. Most of the kits out there will allow powder in. Either add the powder screen or buy them with it added. It will prevent getting snow on the turbo intake screen. This is also a must for the clutch side. I have it on ALL my vents and there is no snow under the hood but runs at much cooler temps........

K

Kestrel2126

Nov 17, 2009
Grand Jct, CO
I would buy vent kits with powder screens. Most of the kits out there will allow powder in. Either add the powder screen or buy them with it added. It will prevent getting snow on the turbo intake screen. This is also a must for the clutch side. I have it on ALL my vents and there is no snow under the hood but runs at much cooler temps........

X2
I actually squeezed 2 vents onto the shock tower on the intake side. THe prefilter material is a MUST on anything on the clutch side and I recommend it on the intake side as well. The only place I am not running it, is on the headlight delete, that feeds cold air to my intercooler. I actually prefer that a little snow gets on the cooler as the moisture cools the cooler better than straight air. The headlight delete is covered in standard PVC screen so it does block most of the snow.

D
Jan 1, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
I've got every vent you can put on a Dragon and then some with no issues. I did come up with a little add on that seems to help air flow through the intercooler I will try and get some pics up. Very cheap to do.

Premium Features