• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ok, since none of the other guys have the guts to post this here BUT ...

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
H
Jun 25, 2009
Eagle River, AK
How stuck does it have to be? Cause I can get it super stuck but I'll only do that if ya sweeten the deal with Crown.:beer;

Sorry doll, but I think I'll prob have to claim the most "stucks" this year.... Have ya seen my half-pint sized sled?! :eek: hahaha

lmao...so crowns the ticket...you are so busted.........:D
Just an FYI, if you are ever trying to get on our good sides, Crown (aka: SNOL-the sweet nector of life) dominates us ALL....

OK darling, I'm gonna just start flagging down other riders, and chat them up about this amazing girl I know....after all my cousin met his wife on a trail that way :)

Ok so didn't meet the bf on SW but met him through the girls I met on SW, thats almost as good, right. HUGS girls, you're the best!!! Mission for the weekend: Get out and RIDE/find Hottsuf man on the trail...er POWDER!![/QUOTE]

LMAO, Manda. You got make me laugh! :D I'll gladly take on this mission!! .... think it will be "stuck at first sight?!?" TeeHee

And WE are sooo glad you and the "you know who" finally hooked up!! :)
Thank goodness for that Tidal-wave bath, or ya never woulda gave the guy a chance, huh?!? hahaha ***I'm regretably NOT posting the famous "aftermath" picture of the love-bird's first ride together.

C

Colorado4fun

Mar 26, 2004
Layton, UT
This is a pretty good thread. Lots of good advise!

... which we NEED!!;) Because if your not riding with your husband (which makes you OFFLIMITS!)... then your riding with a WHOLE PACK OF WOMEN!:D Of course there isnt enough "liquid courage".... just ONE woman:eek: is enough to put most any guy on edge!:D

IMO this may not always be the case. Just because there is a gal with some guys riding doesn't always indicate that she is riding with her husband/boyfriend. Some of us just like to ride and maybe that's the only peeps we can find to ride with.

T

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Just an FYI, if you are ever trying to get on our good sides, Crown (aka: SNOL-the sweet nector of life) dominates us ALL....

So your saying all us guys have to do is throw a case of crown on the back rack and go trolling? If thats the case there will be one on the tunnel rack all the time.....:face-icon-small-hap

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Crown? Nah ..... try blackberry brandy. A lot better than Crown ;)

That, or bring a thermos full of Kileuah and Coffee :)

Frozen Crown is good for ice fishing, not sledding :)

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
This has been a great read! Have you noticed how many guys hang out in the Powder Room? lol
*snip*

It's because it's a *safe* area of the 4M to be! :)

Yes, if you can find an outdoorsy gal, most likely she'd be all over the idea of sledding. So besides the local clubs, maybe shooting ranges, bike tracks, etc.

When I was little, at Christmas when my brothers got Tonka trucks and I got a doll......I would be soooooooo mad. I wanted the Tonka trucks, the battery powered toy sleds, etc.

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
I had already been sledding because that's what my father did. he belonged to search and rescue in the early 70"s so my brother and I have always rode but when I got married We didn't have the money for sleds and about two years after being together he went on a fun day outing with the boys and came home and asked if he could have a sled because he had so much fun. thinking I was going to tell him no. much to his surprise I said sure the next week we went down and bought two and have been sledding ever since.. that was 25 years ago... :face-icon-small-hap

Just to add a though!
years I have tired really hard to get a lot of my friends to play up in the snow with me,, they didn't want to get there hair messed up helmet hair and there makeup would run and they were cold, because they just sat there unwilling to move around and even try to have a good time. it was always something so I usually just ride with the guys. I have one friends Teri and she is the only one like me... she just loves it, she is always there with me.... so that's nice to have a girl there with me and loves to ride...

Last edited:
L

LADYREV800

Dec 1, 2007
MT2AK
Well ladies, from the sounds of it the guys that are single are going to be packin Crown on their sled. Keep your eyes open :face-icon-small-hap

M
Nov 26, 2007
Cranbrook B.C.
What I do with my wife sometimes is leave her sled at home and put her in front of me holding on to the handle bars while I stand behind her.

your knees are by her shoulders and having a grip on the bars they almost can't fall off and it makes the girl feel a little safer that way. plus now you can take her out and show her what sledding is all about. she doesn't have to worry about getting stuck or what to do and can focus on the whole experience.

I have had lots of her friends come out for a ride and they all talk about how much fun they had, and ask when they could come again.

WOW ! I just realized how very very dirty this post sounded lol..

PowderCrew

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
in the shadow of the Rubies, Nevada
Well ladies, from the sounds of it the guys that are single are going to be packin Crown on their sled. Keep your eyes open :face-icon-small-hap

So... DANG!:confused:... We FINALLY got 10" of snow!... Enough to ride on, WHOOOHOO! I was sooooo excited, I bunjee'd on my bottle of CROWN and went for a ride.;).... 40 miles. I drove up the road, I drove down the road. And I drove up the road again... I never saw another "SINGLE" girl the whole day:eek:. So, as the sun went down... I pulled over under a tree and drank the CROWN myself:face-icon-small-con:beer;!!! (guess it doesnt work after all:D)

L

LADYREV800

Dec 1, 2007
MT2AK
So... DANG!:confused:... We FINALLY got 10" of snow!... Enough to ride on, WHOOOHOO! I was sooooo excited, I bunjee'd on my bottle of CROWN and went for a ride.;).... 40 miles. I drove up the road, I drove down the road. And I drove up the road again... I never saw another "SINGLE" girl the whole day:eek:. So, as the sun went down... I pulled over under a tree and drank the CROWN myself:face-icon-small-con:beer;!!! (guess it doesnt work after all:D)

lmao...you're in the wrong state...?:confused::D

K
Mar 20, 2009
Whitehorse Yukon
I got my wife into it. We had tons of fun. After her hip replacement surgery she doesn't ride anymore so I am trying to find another group to go with. THAT sucks..... I feel bad talking about the last ride and how much fun it was..you can see the frustration in the eyes.

Premium Features