• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WTF is with the outrageous moderation??????????????

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
you can turn off all the bars for everyone (well in your view) by going into you cp and turning the experience system off.

Or you can take Gyp's route and piss of Christopher or some other mod so bad they slap you with an infraction that puts you so far in the negative that your bars don't even come on. Gyp's score is -13k

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
you can turn off all the bars for everyone (well in your view) by going into you cp and turning the experience system off.

Or you can take Gyp's route and piss of Christopher or some other mod so bad they slap you with an infraction that puts you so far in the negative that your bars don't even come on. Gyp's score is -13k

So, we went from a forum of our peers where WE chose who had positive or negative rep/points, to a forum where you say something that pisses of "the man" and you're suddenly so far in the hole you'll never recover...

well done. That makes a lot of sense.

The more I look at things the more negative I become. This is really disappointing.

J
Jan 24, 2009
Silverthorne, CO
You got an infraction because peeps are tired of your constant negativity. As for actually editing a post, I don't recall. I thought you had gotten hit by a truck or something cause you hadn't been around in a while.

Well its good to know that you are spokesperson for 50,000 peeps on here. I didnt know there was a positvity rule on snow west. I didnt get hit by a truck, i just have a life outside snowest too. Im sure you dont remember editing this post a month after i posted it, the first day you got your supercool mod powers. You edited my post for no reason , and called me a tard. And you edited mine, and other peoples post in this thread for no reason. Get over yourself.

here is my post you edited from August.
#29 08-21-2009, 06:24 AM
J-Fly
Senior Member Join Date: Jan 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am j-fly and i DON'T REPRESENT THE WHOLE OF SNOWMOBILERS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by PJtheMunchkin; 09-20-2009 at 09:31 PM. Reason: TARD POSTING

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
flyswatter.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Here's a news flash for you.
There are NO NEW RULES on SnoWest.

But for the first time in years, the owners of the site have decided to ENFORCE the existing rules.

I know, I know, what a concept.
Anarchy vs. Civility.

Hmmmm
Which one will work better over the long run here on SnoWest.?

Here's a thought to ponder.
Why don't you give all the *****in and Moaning and Whining and Gnashing of Teeth a rest for a while.

PJ is doing exactly what he was asked to do, and is taking HELL from you guys for a job he volunteered for. He deserves better from his own local riders.

As for me, I was hired to be the Sheriff by the owners of the site. You want to take me on, knock yourself out. Its my job, and I asked for it. But understand, life is to short to be wasted on this kind of nonsense for long. There comes a point when it simply needs to END. And that point is now rapidly approaching.

So guys, I invite you all to GIVE IT A REST for a while, and move on to a different topic.

G
Nov 30, 2007
Hey Gabe, serious question, how did you get rid of the bars next to your avatar? I noticed J-fly was like that too, I thought it was because he was in trouble:p, but seeing it on yours I would assume you did it on purpose somehow?

I'm a snowest felon! Hahaha 500 point infraction and the bars go off till it expires oct 4th

My score shouldn't be -13k.. It was a 500 pt infraction from Christoper himself!

So, we went from a forum of our peers where WE chose who had positive or negative rep/points, to a forum where you say something that pisses of "the man" and you're suddenly so far in the hole you'll never recover...

well done. That makes a lot of sense.

The more I look at things the more negative I become. This is really disappointing.

Yea that's what I was thinkin.. Doesn't make any sense!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I'm a snowest felon! Hahaha 500 point infraction and the bars go off till it expires oct 4th

My score shouldn't be -13k.. It was a 500 pt infraction from Christoper himself!

Yea that's what I was thinkin.. Doesn't make any sense!
Hmmm
The infraction carried a 500 rep point fine.
But the experience system treats infractions quite differently. There is a multiplier effect buried in the experience code that raises the penalty.

So far as i know, your the first person to loose the experience system display. To be honest, I have never seen that happen before, and didn't even know it was part of the system.

G
Nov 30, 2007
Hmmm
But the experience system treats infractions quite differently. There is a multiplier effect buried in the experience code that raises the penalty.

So far as i know, your the first person to loose the experience system display. To be honest, I have never seen that happen before, and didn't even know it was part of the system.

Wow so your tellin me that my experience is really -13k?!?:mad:

it won't come back?! Just be there till I bring it back up!? Hmm that makes a whole bunch of sense.. And it multiplies the actually infraction to way worse in the experience point system and you can't control it?!?:confused::confused: That really make anysense at all!! I'm glad I signed up for www.sledmods.com cuz if I'm taking it the right way I gotta work my way back up from -13k then I'm done with this site for good!:mad::mad: I figured after it expires it would go back to normal just 500 pts less. Bein that I'm one of 3 that lost the bars cuz of an infraction then you might as well put FELON under my name instead of senior member!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Hmmm

Chris, I know you have a tough job to do and I dont envy you..but seems to me ..a good portion of your customers(as in the people this forum is here for)sure arnt very happy with things...maybe some renovations shouldnt be used on here..maybe what we had was better then what we got...I have tried to open mindedly accept these new changes, but honestly...its to the point where I really dont like hanging out on here anymore..We used to all hangout and chat and live life and be friends on here..now everyone is scattered, no one can consistently find anything without alot of looking.....I dont know..maybe you need to run some polls and really figure out if these changes are wanted by those of us this site is supposed to be here for......good luck ...

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Chris, I know you have a tough job to do and I dont envy you..but seems to me ..a good portion of your customers(as in the people this forum is here for)sure arnt very happy with things...maybe some renovations shouldnt be used on here..maybe what we had was better then what we got...I have tried to open mindedly accept these new changes, but honestly...its to the point where I really dont like hanging out on here anymore..We used to all hangout and chat and live life and be friends on here..now everyone is scattered, no one can consistently find anything without alot of looking.....I dont know..maybe you need to run some polls and really figure out if these changes are wanted by those of us this site is supposed to be here for......good luck ...

Exactly.

The problem is that he doesn't CARE how any of "the customers" feel about how he has messed with our snowest experience.

He doesn't intelligently reply to any of the critical posts that I have seen recently, just makes comments like "get a life" & "get over it".

He was hired to be the new sheriff, but things that have been done make little sense, in my opinion which will not change soon likely, the unicorn thread is a PERFECT example of this. It was a thread that wasn't bashing or attacking anyone, it was a joking stupid thread that WAS lightening things up on here a bit. The "sheriff" had to exercise his powers & for some reason that thread HAD to go.

When you alienate the customer, you're doing your job wrong. I tried to give this a chance, and I don't have a problem with PJ or the other mods, just the new system & the way that Christopher has brought this about.

Again, www.sledmods.com has no christopher, has good subforums for sledding, avy safety, and the like, and threads stay where they belong.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Watch what you say. I got a slap on the wrist for saying what you just said.

You are a liar! I did NOT issue a warning or an infraction. If you got one somewhere else, not my problem.

So we have Fascists' on SnoWest?:confused::eek:

No. See post above. And if you must see proof, I'll see if somebody can give me a list of the posts that I reported (zero) and the infractions I gave (1 with point deduction and 1 without).

People from across the entire site have complained about the constant bashing, the post whoring, the rep whoring, threads that actually pertain to nothing but negativity, but when someone steps up to the plate, whether it's me, Christopher or any of the other Mods to try and curb it they catch crap from the very same users that made the initial complaint and are now doing the very same thing that they complained about. I may have been a Post Whore but I can tell you that I don't post nearly as much as I used to. Rep is gone, the PW threads get deleted every week (or they are supposed to be) and yet people are complaining more now than ever. If you guys have complaints, suggestions or comments, please make it in the thread that Admin started for it. Here is the link: http://www.snowest.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=193. Also, a moderator has one or two sections and that is it. Anywhere else and he/she is just another user. I also moderate General and it's weird but NOBODY has reported a post or made a complaint there.

Last edited:
Premium Features