• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WTF is with the outrageous moderation??????????????

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Here is my suggestion.
GET A LIFE.

This is the COLORADO FORUM.
Try keeping your posts in this forum on target for COLORADO and maybe the moderator won't touch them.

In the meantime PJ, move that thread down into the forum where it belongs. It might not need to be closed, but it does need to be moved.

If we all "got a life" then you would be out of a job. My negativity toward you specifically is based on the fact that I have seen a number of threads where constructive criticism has been aimed your way & I have not seen a single bit of it taken into use. I'm sure with the number of little details on this site, that I'm at least a little wrong o this, but in general people on here are not happy with MANY of the changes (I'm not saying all, and I have defended them in the cat forum btw)

As for the Colorado part of things; YES, this is the Colorado forum, where those of us from CO talk about whatever the heck we want to, sometimes it's local politics, sometimes it's sports, sometimes it's freaking unicorns:rolleyes:, every now & then we talk about sledding too. Who cares, LEAVE IT ALONE.

We are on target, thanks.

Btw, sorry for the rude comment in the other post, a lot of us are frustrated, but that was a rude way to refer to you, whether you intend to personify that adjective is up to you.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I am the general mod. There have been complaints about video threads inthere when they should be in the video section. Nothing was deleted, there were no bannings, no warnings, no infractions, just a simple move.

If you think about it, getting info on videos is actually easier to find what you want if you just go to that 4m.

PJ, just FYI, none of this was specifically aimed at you, more of a general frustration.
When you say complaints though, are we seriously talking from users? Or from another mod?
On the same token, then, who complained about the unicorn thread? Obviously you're not the one that locked it, but who looks at something like that & decides that it HAS TO GO? I just don't get how this whole thing works now.

I take this personally because my job has become exponentially more stressful in the last year & I need every stupid post/ laugh I can get!!

J
Jan 24, 2009
Silverthorne, CO
Sexy_Smurfette_by_Kulik.jpg

HA HA! This post has been officially edited. I quoted you so the original is still here.

Last edited by a moderator:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I wasn't trying to turn this into Pj is a bad guy thread (I was trying to specifically avoid personal attacks, but then I made a comment about Christopher), my issue is more the whole system of how things work now, nearly nobody likes it & the ones that can do something about it don't care. Moderation isn't just over done here, it's everywhere.

PJ is doing what he is being told to do by Christopher or whoever makes the mod rules, (but yeah J-fly I don't think he likes you:eek:) but the fact that the new rules are so obnoxiously over the top is where the problem lies imo.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I agree all in all PJ is a good guy but things just went a little wacky lately.

The only time a mod should even think about touching a thread is if someone complains and even then it should be an extreme case.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
PJ has had it for me since he bacame a mod. Edited one of my posts from a month ago because he doesnt like the fact that i ride where im not always supposed to sometimes.

Also got a infraction for swearing from PJ, and he has a swear word in his sig. So funny to see moderators pick on me because i pissed them off before they were a moderator.

This place is definatley way overmoderated now.

You got an infraction because peeps are tired of your constant negativity. As for actually editing a post, I don't recall. I thought you had gotten hit by a truck or something cause you hadn't been around in a while.

Last edited:

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
You got an infraction because peeps are tired of your constant negativity

Comments like that are messed up. Deleting threads/posts or locking stuff is not half as bad as the attitude you took and the auto-mated messages you left in my mailbox

Last edited by a moderator:

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Yeah, but the rest of the text was designed by him several weeks ago. I tried to go back and change my reason but it was too late. Like you, when I get upset I say things that necessarily aren't the correct thing to say. I apologize
for my brashness.:beer;:beer;

Let it die. We are too old for this stuff.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
who you calling old?

Are you going to give yourself an infraction for the swear word in your sig? ;)

see *** is turned into asterisks because it is a swear word according to snowest

S
Sep 10, 2005
Grand Junction, CO
I thought that Obama was the swear word. I just can't seem to keep up.

Why is it Ok to have a thread about pregnant women on ATV's, recipies for smokers, what helmet to buy... etc. on the Colorado 4m but not one about unicorns or pot smoking?

Not a bash on you PJ, just a question. Seems like they are even moderating the moderators.

"But who's going to be watching the watchers?" Enemy of the State

G
Nov 30, 2007
Here is my suggestion.
GET A LIFE.

This is the COLORADO FORUM.
Try keeping your posts in this forum on target for COLORADO and maybe the moderator won't touch them.

Get a life or find a new forum!?!?!?

Thanks Christopher for single-handedly killing snowest..

G
Nov 30, 2007
www.sledmods.com

Not a lot of action over there right now, but that changes quickly, plus there are less of the lurker types over there, you know who you're talking to.

(and Christopher won't move any threads or lock anything over there!)

Signin up on the other tab now!! I wonder if I'll get another infraction for my previous post? I think Christopher needs to give them to sleep at night.. Or maybe feel better about himself.. Not sure!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Hey Gabe, serious question, how did you get rid of the bars next to your avatar? I noticed J-fly was like that too, I thought it was because he was in trouble:p, but seeing it on yours I would assume you did it on purpose somehow?

M

mannix

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2008
I'm going to go get a life.

Hopefully, I find a picture of a barfing unicorn. That'd expand my horizons.

FWIW, I live in Colorado, read the forum intermittently-regularly, and I've NEVER seen anything that needed "moderation" in my book. I'm sure it has happened, but ever since disk space got damned close to free, same with bandwidth, who cares if they want to talk about ponies or call each other names?

Shrug. Cya.

Iain

Premium Features