• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RKT is a mod???

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
You know what?? You may have a point but it doesnt much matter. I dont own this site and niether do you. The people that do can run it any darn way they want to.

If I were you I would just get used to it and make it work for you as best you can. Until somebody decides that it needs to change back, this is how it is.

The site still seems to work well for me.

Jake

Jake,
You have said it best and I agree with you 100%.Blunt and too the point,Couldn't of said it better myself.

Dave

Sturgis Sledder

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2003
Sturgis, SD
You know what?? You may have a point but it doesnt much matter. I dont own this site and niether do you. The people that do can run it any darn way they want to.

If I were you I would just get used to it and make it work for you as best you can. Until somebody decides that it needs to change back, this is how it is.

The site still seems to work well for me.

Jake

Therein lies the WHOLE problem, they own the site, but the members that come here are the ones that provide the content, lose the learned members and why bother having the site. I don't want to have to go somewhere else to get the information that could be found here, but act like they're doing me a favor by having the site and color me gone. It was a great place and now all you hear senior member after senior member saying"oh yes I spend a lot less time there".

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
Why would anyone have a problem with a dealer being the mod of a state snow conditions? Freeagent sells sleds and parts from other manufactures. How could you promote that as a Mod in the Oregon section? She will do an outstanding job. Sometimes I think we all need to take a Chill Pill! JMO! Peace:D

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Yea, apparently watching for bad posts in the Idaho section must take some special training.:rolleyes: Tell you what you want it pm me and I'll pm Chris and tell him to give it to you. They asked me not the other way a around.;)

And MR mn mod that doesn't get it. Go spend some time in the mod/perf section and read the bb vs pump gas turbo threads and you will under stand why a performance product dealer shouldn't be a mod on here. Putting them in the postition to pull competitors posts/mod them in any way shape or form shouldn't be allowed So you are saying that since they are in a position they WILL change competers posts? Wow, that is lame. The guy has done nothing wrong and you assume this will happen. Well you know what happens when you assume somthing :rolleyes:. That a bit easier for you to get? If its a dealer that just sells a product like heinracing then its not a problem to have them as a mod since they have no agenda since they aren't on here trying to sell a product that they own and develop. What you don't get is that they would have an agenda because they are also TRYING TO SELL SOMETHING ON SNOWEST!!!! Which is an agenda and is apples to apples. Do you understand what I'm saying yet? I really don't care if you get it or not at this point because your never going to see my point. Until you can provide me with ANY instance where this has happened on this site I'm done talking about this with you because you are whining about something that maybe could but never has happened. Clear?

no explanation needed...cause none could ever be provided that would make sense...it is apples to apples...regardless i think they both are an asset and i have no issue with them being mods

Well said!!!

Michelle and all the other vendors that want to be or are mods.....Thanks for all the help you do!!!!!

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
Michelle, you will do a fine job as a mod. I don't think anyone has a problem with a person being a mod in a section about snow conditions, I love having you in there! Hey Girl you will do an outstanding job. there is a lot of Changes going on in here That I do not agree with, I think it should be kept clean for family use and keep it so all the older member can come in here for information on different topics and be able to have a laugh or two with our Friends, don't you dare give it up. stay with it. I think that you Michelle and all the other vendors a like that want to be or are currently mod's should remain mod's. :D

N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
Getting back to the original topic......

I have seen RKT take a lot of abuse on this forum and has been fair about his responses in almost all cases. I think this was a decent choice for moderator.

There is no reason to think that he will be a biased moderator of a sub-section that has nothing to do with performance. Guilty until proven innocent comes to mind??? How about you start a thread about their mod status after they have really screwed up, not before? If a vendor is a mod and abusing their powers to peddle their products, it will be found soon enough.

Some people on Snowest seem to have an axe to grind with almost every moderator or the choice of moderator.....deal with it and accept the fact that it is what it is. Starting a thread about it to make your opinion known, seems really petty to me.

How many times are we going to beat a dead horse?
NSC

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
yep...no need to crap in a clean diaper...you may have to use it to blow your nose

Last edited:
J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT

Jake

So I guess the Suggestions and User Feedback section is pretty much worthless if this is the attitude of the site administration.

What I get out of reading these posts is that a good portion of you would rather have people that have little or no real world sledding expirience. People that DONT work on sleds every day trying to make them better, people that DONT come up with new ideas to fix problems, and people that DONT see first hand testing on the product so they dont know what the real issues are. You would rather have joe blow who happens to be on the forums alot offering his advice.

My last question is: What does working on a sled, testing, R&D, and general snowmobile problem solving have to do with putting a post where it belongs or watching for unruly behavior? It sounds like my neighbors babysitter would be a better fit for the job. With all of this ground breaking snowmobile research that is being conducted by the moderators, I really don't see how you guys have time to deal with us little people putting posts in the wrong sections.:confused:

My opinion is that there may be a conflict of interest if vendors/advertizers are selected as mods. I wouldn't accuse someone of loading the forums, or deleting "questionable" content posted by their competition at this stage in the game. And until such blatant shenanigans actually happen, I have to believe that such things wouldn't be a problem here (innocent until proven guilty).

But, how does it look to a newb when a they ask a question about which gizmo to buy and a MOD answers... "Buy this one, it's the best" without disclosing that the he is actually selling that particular gizmo? How would that same conversation look if the MOD instead answered, "I sell this gizmo that I think will fit your needs"? Or, what if the mod never said anything, but instead, other posters told the newb that they've tried the gizmo that the mod sells and it worked pretty good? Which of these scenarios feel more appropriate to you? I know which one seems more appropriate to me.

In any event, I'm sure that the SnoWest administration will be keeping a close eye on their mods to make sure they are being fair and even handed. Because if things get heavy handed, I'm pretty confident that people won't stick around long.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
I'm confoosed?

No,....Really.
Can I be the Snowhawk moderator?

;)

"This message is hidden because snowhawkaddict is on your ignore list."

barry_white_cant_get_enough.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0I6mhZ5wMw

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
I am sure there is a person or two of on here that are mod`s that would love to put some of there ideas for that great product they have always wanted to make or have a chance to sell or service they can provide on here for a living or a few extra bucks or some other site.

So if one of us mods who are NOT Vendors Now or sell things on here have an awesome reputation for being a fair and reliable mod for years and happens to get a big break to have the chance to put that idea or product up for market years after previously being a mod and that product takes off and becomes a sucess like RKT product are of anyone else in that matter would that mean that person could not be trusted or eligably to be a mod any longer cause now they are venders or sell products? I wouldn`t beleive so.

I have a few ideas and would like to put them up for sale on hear and would hope they become successful, but I wouldn`t want everyone to think cause I make some coin or offer service on here that I wouldn`t be able to make good desicions or be a mod any longer.

Darren

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
So I guess the Suggestions and User Feedback section is pretty much worthless if this is the attitude of the site administration. :

That would be why I added the part about "until somebody decides to do something different". However, I will pretty much blanketly state that ranting and raving with a very poorly arranged argument is not going to attract the heads at snowest's attention. I guess right now I dont quite see the big issue with the new format?? Sure, its a little more cluttered but other than that??

You are right, the user feedback section should be fair game and im sorry if I offended anyone by saying to get used to it. Unfortunatly, if you want something to be changed my first piece of advice would be to do something other than whine about who all is a mod. Then go from there.

My last question is: What does working on a sled, testing, R&D, and general snowmobile problem solving have to do with putting a post where it belongs or watching for unruly behavior? It sounds like my neighbors babysitter would be a better fit for the job. With all of this ground breaking snowmobile research that is being conducted by the moderators, I really don't see how you guys have time to deal with us little people putting posts in the wrong sections.:confused:

Did you not read the post?? You must have missed the last part. I said the main purpose of the mod is to provide new information and keep their section full of information rather than having the forums fill up with garbage. Now, explain to me how your "neighbors babysitter" is going to come up with any worthwhile information or questions for the forum??

I didnt mean to upset anyone. But getting down on a MOD before he does anything wrong is a total bunch of BS. If he screws up badly, tar and feather him. Until he does, give it a rest. Please.

Jake

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
Now, explain to me how your "neighbors babysitter" is going to come up with any worthwhile information or questions for the forum??

Well her Dad is and old RMSHA racer and owns a local performance shop. She rides an IQR turbo that the two of them built together. She helps in his porting shop and we have had long conversations about port timing and fluid dynamics in Big Bore motors. They are doing extensive research on port angles for turbo applications. I think she would be a great addition to the forum!

G
Aug 28, 2009
Bismarck ND
No. There is no need for ANY mod to step down until they screw up. PERIOD.

Kelsey and I have had some rough times in the past. He has strong opinions about his product. Who cares?? Until he acts out one of these hypothetical situations that you crystal ball readers seem to believe will happen, leave the guy alone.

What I get out of reading these posts is that a good portion of you would rather have people that have little or no real world sledding expirience. People that DONT work on sleds every day trying to make them better, people that DONT come up with new ideas to fix problems, and people that DONT see first hand testing on the product so they dont know what the real issues are. You would rather have joe blow who happens to be on the forums alot offering his advice. WTF??

Do you even realize what a mod is supose to do?? We are supposed to be a deterrent for unruly behavior, put threads in the correct location and try to add information to the forum. Its that last part that is the main reason to have a mod. People like Kelsey and mmsports do a ton of testing. They have a ton of knowledge about different fields within snowmobiling. Why wouldnt you want them bringing up information for the rest of the forum to see?? It is information that is coming from the mouths of smart guys. Guys that have made it in the business world of building hotrod parts for snowmobiles.

Maybe you dont agree with how the guy promotes his product or whatever but if he does his job as a mod and offers valuable information to the forum, who cares?? I oversee any move that Kelsey makes in the Doo forum. I havent seen him do ANYTHING that is out of line. There is no way that Kelsey or any other mod would delete a post that is in opposition to their product or that says something negative about their product. He or any other mod that did so would be promptly and unceremoniously removed and quite possibly blocked from the forum.

I dont see why everybody is getting their panties in a bunch over this. There are checks all the way up the system. If somebody fouls up (like deleting the post of a competitor!) they are removed. That simple.

Flame away but thats how it is. Im got flamed because I support R&D turbos. Doesnt mean that Im going to go out and delete Turbo Performance, Absolute Power, or CPI posts. It means I support R&D. Oh freakin well. Im entitled to an opinion just like Kelsey is and whether our name is in red or not, we still have our opinions. Does having our name in red automatically mean we get an unfair advantage supporting and promoting our products in Red?? I think not. I think it is actually somewhat of a disadvantage as we are set up for members to take pot shots at us full time.

JMO

Jake

That is a good post !
As I said before, I am one of the longest surviving members of this site. (an elder) Here a year or two longer than Scott even.
I don't hardly show up here any more at all. Not even to lurk
All I wanted to do was help SnoWest out
The trap door was dropped and left me swinging by a noose before I even got a chance.
I have moved on to other sites with my humor and techno knowledge
Lurk some in the Dakota section to see what is up with our sled club and bs a little.
Other than that, do not contrib here any longer
Crystal ball readers got what they want... a win

I feel sorry for you mods who go under attack on here

nuff said

~ Gimpster ~

Last edited:
T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
Well her Dad is and old RMSHA racer and owns a local performance shop. She rides an IQR turbo that the two of them built together. She helps in his porting shop and we have had long conversations about port timing and fluid dynamics in Big Bore motors. They are doing extensive research on port angles for turbo applications. I think she would be a great addition to the forum!

Well holy cow!! Not gonna lie you caught me out of left field with that one!! Get her on here for sure!!

Jake

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
That is a good post !
As I said before, I am one of the longest surviving members of this site. (an elder) Here a year or two longer than Scott even.
I don't hardly show up here any more at all. Not even to lurk
All I wanted to do was help SnoWest out
The trap door was dropped and left me swinging by a noose before I even got a chance.
I have moved on to other sites with my humor and techno knowledge
Lurk some in the Dakota section to see what is up with our sled club and bs a little.
Other than that, do not contrib here any longer
Crystal ball readers got what they want... a win

I feel sorry for you mods who go under attack on here

nuff said

~ Gimpster ~

So why is it that you have decided to move to other sites just out of curiosity?

Jake

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
ok...i for one want the expertise on this forum...and alot of these guys have forgotton more then we will ever know...and guess what...believe it or not alot of these guys that work with these sleds in aftermarket are not making the money you think they are...the do it because they LOVE THE SPORT..!!!..i cruise all the aftermarket guys and know the products and arguements they all make...we all can make a pretty good informed decision ourselves...and we all as well would know if any mod...aftermarket field or retired grocery packer was stepping out of bounds...then the action can be taken...but for now...i joined this forum for the average guys views and the aftermarket guys expertise...

Premium Features