• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

We need a feedback section

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
As mentioned by others on this forum, there NEEDS to be a feedback section. Just a simple positive or negative type feedback is sufficient. I feel it is a necessity on any forum which has a "classifieds" section.. Very beneficial to all parties involved. ;)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
It's already in the works!

Stay tuned for some major forum upgrades annoucements in the very near future.

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Awesome!! Cant wait.. Thanks for listening to the members.. Looking forward to the changes..

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
You will find that from NOW ON, SnoWest will have a very active pressance on the forums, and there WILL be someone here listening on a full time basis!!

Sorry it has taken 8 years, but CHANGE IS BLOWING IN THE WIND.

Good things are coming.

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
You will find that from NOW ON, SnoWest will have a very active pressance on the forums, and there WILL be someone here listening on a full time basis!!

Good things are coming.

"Presence"

This is good though. On every other forum I'm on the people doing the moderating are active members.... hardly ever see mods on here unless there's a problem and people are whining.

Keeping threads in the right place is another pet peeve of mine... (comment mostly in reference to the 900 subforum)

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado

Good things are coming.

Hmmmm? The anticipation is making my skin itch. What's the goins on?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
"Presence"
deal.gif

This is good though. On every other forum I'm on the people doing the moderating are active members.... hardly ever see mods on here unless there's a problem and people are whining.

Keeping threads in the right place is another pet peeve of mine... (comment mostly in reference to the 900 subforum)

Your going to be seeing BOTH.
We WILL be adding Moderators to the forums in the very near future AND you will have a SnoWest Admin on the site every day now!

And as for keeping threads in the right place.
I AGREE 100%.
Its part of the reason for the restructuring of the forums.
To make sure everything has a clear-cut home.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I look forward to the feedback section.. think it will be a huge asset to this site.. thanks for listening.. :D..
I have a pile of custom code to be installed on the forums over the next couple months. The feedback system is very good, and I think everyone on SnoWest will like it.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Your going to be seeing BOTH.
We WILL be adding Moderators to the forums in the very near future AND you will have a SnoWest Admin on the site every day now!

And as for keeping threads in the right place.
I AGREE 100%.
Its part of the reason for the restructuring of the forums.
To make sure everything has a clear-cut home.

May I be a "mod"? I CAN be fair and un-biased but I also get lippy sometimes too, but hey, I'm human.:beer;:beer;

I have a pile of custom code to be installed on the forums over the next couple months. The feedback system is very good, and I think everyone on SnoWest will like it.

Mule, he said Custom Code!:eek:

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
hahaha, trust me if Mule is drinking you will know as the typing goes WAY down hill :D

so is this going to be a general feedback section, something like the rep thing, or is it going to be targeted toward buying and selling in the swap? The latter is the one that will be the biggest help and I'm pretty sure is what this thread was started in reference to.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The feedback system will appear shortly.
It will allow you to rate each post in a thread as GOOD or BAD and in so doing award Positive or Negative REP points!

I need another week or so before ANY of the mods go online.

This week is all about SERVER LOAD TESTING so I can determine just how much head room we for the customizations.

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
That's the same as the rep thing that we have now then right? which has become a game on here to for people to max it out. many have accomplished that task by post back in forth in a numerous threads made just for that purpose. Heck I haven't even actively tried that much and I have over 1 billion rep points. I think what we are looking for in this feedback deal is what they have on another forum that I used to participate in regularly. Archerytalk.com they use Vbulletin as a base for that forum as well and I believe the plugin is called iTrader.

on that forum every time you buy or sell something you and the other party can rate the other for the transaction. A reputation system for buying and selling only somewhat similar to the feedback system on E-bay.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
anything is possible.
Heck, Mule might stop drinking.

He doesn't drink hardly ever. That is just the way he is.

That's the same as the rep thing that we have now then right? which has become a game on here to for people to max it out. many have accomplished that task by post back in forth in a numerous threads made just for that purpose. Heck I haven't even actively tried that much and I have over 1 billion rep points. I think what we are looking for in this feedback deal is what they have on another forum that I used to participate in regularly. Archerytalk.com they use Vbulletin as a base for that forum as well and I believe the plugin is called iTrader.

on that forum every time you buy or sell something you and the other party can rate the other for the transaction. A reputation system for buying and selling only somewhat similar to the feedback system on E-bay.

Chit, you can't even leave negative feedback on ebay now.

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
He doesn't drink hardly ever. That is just the way he is.

Chit, you can't even leave negative feedback on ebay now.
That's because this country has become too obsessed with everyone being a winner and everybody getting a trophy. :rolleyes:

But seriously the iTrader setup is still a true feedback system that only alows you to leave feedback via a transaction.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
This country was better off when there were winners and losers. When we all had .22 rifles or bigger hanging in the rear windows of our trucks, WHILE sitting in the HS parking lot. I didn't even know what a school shooting was until I was out of college and working for a living.

Sorry for the hijack.:(

Premium Features