• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 M1000 electric reverse kit

I

itsadrug

I am also going to do this soon, and it would be great if somebody could tell me how:)
I think I have to run a wire from the switch to ECU to get it to work.
Now this would be a great oppertunity for Arctic Cat to make huge points by offering a kit for out of warrantee '08 1000's with instructions to enable the electronic reverse. They would sell a helix, a big red sticker saying not to run in reverse for long, etc. along with a to be signed dis-claimer for say $50. The cat's out of the bag so to speak, plus they could sell a boat load of these kits. I'd write a check right now. Seem's like a no brainer.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Thinking about it from Cat's POV...

$50 set of parts or $12,000 sled

Seems like a no brainer!:eek:

They don't want us upgrading squat! It took a year before we saw the float kit, I HIGHLY doubt you'll ever see this.

I

itsadrug

Thinking about it from Cat's POV...

$50 set of parts or $12,000 sled

Seems like a no brainer!:eek:

They don't want us upgrading squat! It took a year before we saw the float kit, I HIGHLY doubt you'll ever see this.
But I think the $1000 per pound is a bit much. ($12,000 to save 12 pounds) Not many people are going to buy a new sled to save 12 pounds. I guess the next question is how much of a project is it to replace the gearbox/Diamond drive to actuall get the 12 pound savings?

I

itsadrug

i probably should check and see if there is any legal reasons against posting the instructions. i get about 2 pms per day on how to do it.

just know that you have to have an 08 1000 and it has to have the reflash done. you pretty much just copy the 09 wiring harness from there.
mrquick:
Does your cpu have two different sized plugs or are they both the same size? My 08 M1000 has two different sized plugs. A 34 pin and a 26 pin. 09 looks like it has two 34 pin plugs. It sounded so simple too.

M

MEDIUMPIMPN

Nov 28, 2007
PIERRE
I figured mine out myself took reverse wire off of ccu connector and move it to ecm cant recall what pin off the top of my head but ill check when i get home, only thing no beeper or reverse on dash

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
I figured mine out myself took reverse wire off of ccu connector and move it to ecm cant recall what pin off the top of my head but ill check when i get home, only thing no beeper or reverse on dash

Yep - i was in jail!!! Not... :cool:

Hey - i'm just being careful about saying stuff i shouldn't in a published place.

But i did tell you how stinkin' easy it was, didn't I!? Someone thought about it and LOW AND BEHOLD they figured it out! :eek:

M

MEDIUMPIMPN

Nov 28, 2007
PIERRE
yep - i was in jail!!! Not... :cool:

Hey - i'm just being careful about saying stuff i shouldn't in a published place.

But i did tell you how stinkin' easy it was, didn't i!? Someone thought about it and low and behold they figured it out! :eek:

ah ok

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
Are you '08 guys getting Arctic Cat helixes with the reverse notch cut in them, or from somewhere aftermarket? I am getting ready to do this but need a new helix I guess.

Aaron

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Are you '08 guys getting Arctic Cat helixes with the reverse notch cut in them, or from somewhere aftermarket? I am getting ready to do this but need a new helix I guess.

Aaron

get it from BDX, and buy their M7 style helix and adjuster kit. WAY better than the enclosed stock type IMO.

Dec 17, 2007
Seconds thoughts yet about switching to doo. Your sled now sports a 174, power commander, ve tunnel and is all black. Electronic reverse works fine.

jrnbrg

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2008
Norway
What is going to happen if someone does this without the 09 reflash?
Anyone that have attempted this?

Premium Features