• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 M1000 electric reverse kit

V

vinnie

Nov 26, 2007
Mitchell,SD
yep-you read right electric reverse for 08 M1000 only-199.95 call Jeff at Dakota Performance 701-452-4212-just did mine last night -1st one & works just like the factory & you use your orginal reverse button!

V

vinnie

Nov 26, 2007
Mitchell,SD
08 M1000 only-yes it works like the 09-motor shuts off & runs in reverse-push button motor shuts off then go forward

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Thats awsome now I just need my stock drive to sieze up so I can buy a diamond lite and the electronic reverse until then I guess I will stick with mechanical reverse. $200 bucks sounds a lot better then some of the figures I have heard of.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
I can't imagine why it would work on an '08 and not an '07. I just hope they can make it work on the M8 as well.

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
How come it doesn't work for the m8?

It's part of the update for the 07 and 08 1000's. There isn't a reflash for the M8. They are reflashing those sleds to the 2010 specs and the electronic reverse is already part of the program. The program changes the firing order and allows the motor to run in reverse. The stock ECU program from any 07 and 08 will not work but if you have a program for 09+ you can do it. Get some one the reflash your M8 to the 09 specs and you can do it on your M8. You just need to hook a wire from your reverse switch to the correct pin in the ECU harness and it works.

Edit, you will need to change your secondary as well as the motor will now be running backwards.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
How come it doesn't work on an 07? I'm getting mine re-flashed Thursday and I already have a lite drive.

When I checked into this early in the year I was told I would also need a newer oil pump, voltage regulator, and stator. I assume the re-flash negates the need for a 09 ECU and harness so that would cut the cost in half but $199.00???? That would be nice!

Last edited:

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
do you need to change the entire secondary or just the helix??? i bet jeff will be one busy guy tommorow morning:)

A
Nov 30, 2007
Alberta
It's part of the update for the 07 and 08 1000's. There isn't a reflash for the M8. They are reflashing those sleds to the 2010 specs and the electronic reverse is already part of the program. The program changes the firing order and allows the motor to run in reverse. The stock ECU program from any 07 and 08 will not work but if you have a program for 09+ you can do it. Get some one the reflash your M8 to the 09 specs and you can do it on your M8. You just need to hook a wire from your reverse switch to the correct pin in the ECU harness and it works.

Edit, you will need to change your secondary as well as the motor will now be running backwards.

So once you get the ECU updated, you could do the mod on your own? Is there any parts needed beside wire and knowing what pin to connect to?

Ajay

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.

Thx i am going to have to really look into this, i will be changing my gears to bdx 55/65 this summer and i want to keep reverse if i can this looks like a good alternative if i can make it work maybe by then i can get the 2010 reflash we will see.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Ok Hold on

This is not a cat deal this is a Aftermarket deal. The flashing going on does not make your motor turn backwards. This is some kind of kit that he has came up with not sure have not seen it but flashing your box will not do it.

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
This is not a cat deal this is a Aftermarket deal. The flashing going on does not make your motor turn backwards. This is some kind of kit that he has came up with not sure have not seen it but flashing your box will not do it.

The new flash is the new program and part of what he is doing. The electronic reverse is not what the reflash was for, so no, its not a cat deal but the electronic reverse program is now in your ECU if you have had the update. There is an open pin on the connector that when a wire is hooked from it to the reverse switch it will activate the electronic reverse in the new program that is in the ECU. I don't know about the DD or the secondary setup but I know that the reflashed ECU is what is allowing this to be done.

Last edited:
Premium Features