• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch Theory for Dummies

D

dragonwagon

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 6, 2009
I don't know alot about snowmobile clutching.:confused: Can someone give me the "clutch theory for dummies" version when it comes to mountain sleds (Polaris in particular). I would like to understand the effect of weights, springs and helix in relation to track speed, engine speed, elevation, etc. If I could get either a good explanation or a good link, that would be appreciated.

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
I don't know alot about snowmobile clutching.:confused: Can someone give me the "clutch theory for dummies" version when it comes to mountain sleds (Polaris in particular). I would like to understand the effect of weights, springs and helix in relation to track speed, engine speed, elevation, etc. If I could get either a good explanation or a good link, that would be appreciated.

It would take to at least 200 posts to just scatch the surfaces
and you still might be lost.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Dale Cutler has a good little book with the basics, the Aaen's book gets deeper. Some good read in the Snow-tech archives online.

F

Flange

Oct 25, 2001
Calgary, Alberta
Pick Tee-Kay's brain. He'll help ya understand this stuff. I've got a copy of Olav Aaen's book if you'd like to have a look at it.

D

dragonwagon

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 6, 2009
Thanks Flange, I wouldn't mind borrowing that book from you. Can you bring it with you next weekend if I don't see you before then?

Premium Features