• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TS 120 to 129 track and rail extensions

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
Rocky Mountain Snow MX 720-263-7533

Who is ready to upgrade your Timbersled MH 120 or 137 tracks????

You have all heard how well the Camso DTS track did last year in the DEEP powder. You can now have that same deep powder performance on your TS.

This 129 Camso Snow Bike Track on your TS 120 will climb in the deep powder like a 137 but be almost as nimble as your 120. It is the perfect combination of deep powder performance and being nimble in the tight trees.

We are now stocking the Camso snow bike track in 129" with rail extensions to fit your TS 120 and the same track in 137.

We were able to ride the 137 in April on a 2019 Yeti 137 and could not believe how nimble this new track was on a 12" wide unit. Even in the hard spring time snow it was a great ride!!!

This new track is a prefect upgrade for all of you Mountain Horse riders out there. It will not fit the Aro with out being cut down width wise.

These tracks are 12.5" wide and 129" of 137" in length and use the stock 2.86 pitch TS drivers your MH came stock with. They will even work with the stock rails on a 137. Your 120 will need the rail extensions we sell to put the 129 on your 120.

We can also supply the rail extensions for the TS RAW 120 to 129.

Pricing is as follows:

Track - YETI 129" Camso Snow Bike track $ 825.95
Rail extension 120-129 TSMH - LH $ 40.95
Rail extension 120-129 TS MH- RH $ 40.95
Rail extension 120-129 TS RAW $ 119.95
Track - YETI 137" Camso Snow Bike track $ 857.95

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Very nice.

I didn’t even know a twin rail (10” spacing) camso track was available.

Toby have you compared it to the CMX track?

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Will these fit the 2016 rails.

Also, is this the exact same thing as the cmx track?

Yes it will fit 16 rails. (See other thread on this page)

No it’s not the same as the cmx.
Basically camso peak 2.5 lugs. (Vs the cmx track lugs being designed by cmx)

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
Yep, that is why we do this. We try to get you every thin g you want out of your snow bike as soon as it is available for sale.

I have not been able to do on snow testing of the CMX track and this new Camso snow bike track, but I have compared them side by side and they are different, but very similar in design. Both are similar to the Camso DTS 129 track in a visual comparison. I have ridden the Camso DTS 129 and the Camso Snow Bike track and they perform very similar on the snow.

We found that riding the 137 it had all of the side hill maneuverability in the hard crust of a frozen April base. Without the elevator wash out that I have experienced with other tracks in the past, in frozen spring ride conditions. I was also able to test in a 12" spring powder day and it would paddle the deep snow incredible well, just like the Camso DTS 129. It is just what we were hoping for. Camso manufactures tracks for everyone in the industry and they saved the best design for them selves to use on the Yeti. Now you can have it on your TS, CMX, MotoTrax, and SnowTech. The monster 137 on a spring day was so nimble that it felt like a 129. I would be very surprised it you would even know the difference in the tight trees between your 120 and the 129, but you will notice a BIG difference in the deep power climbing performance of your machine.

Very nice.

I didn’t even know a twin rail (10” spacing) camso track was available.

Toby have you compared it to the CMX track?

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
Will these fit the 2016 rails.

Also, is this the exact same thing as the cmx track?

Yes, these will fit all TS MH with 2.86 drivers. So that is every TS with a 2.5" track. If memory serves me correctly, that should be 2013-16, and 17-18 RAW with different rail extensions. Aero will need the track cut down and the alternate rail extensions.

A
Nov 14, 2017
I snowchecked a ARO 120SX, which has not shipped quite yet. If I wanted to go with this track what would it require?

It sounds like I would need to cut the track width. How hard is this, and what is the recommended process and tools to do so?

Thanks

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I snowchecked a ARO 120SX, which has not shipped quite yet. If I wanted to go with this track what would it require?

It sounds like I would need to cut the track width. How hard is this, and what is the recommended process and tools to do so?

Thanks

Not to take away from this track option but if you buy a track from cmx they offer width cutting services.......

Otherwise i’ve cut 3 tracks to width and the easiest has been with a skilsaw and straight edge.
(Suspend the track so it touches the table and cut from the inside.)

Saw cut through the belting then finish cut the lugs with a utility knife.

While not a technically difficult task it’s stinky (burning rubber) and itchy (fiberglass rods)

Personally after doing it myself i’d hire it done if it’s around $100-$125. (I don’t know what cmx charges)

Last edited:

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
That’s a little bit cheaper than the CMX track. CMX is $900 for the 129 and $925 for the 137. The CMX track is also tapered where it looks like the Camso track is not. I have never been sure I actually needed or wanted the tapered track. Easy enough to cut down if you want though.I imagine they both will be a huge performance increase over the older timbersled or Maxtrack tracks. The track on the arrow is quite a bit stiffer than the older timbersleds. I think that is where a lot of the performances gained. You notice it right away when you ride behind one of them and get pelted by chunks of snow.

M
Jan 14, 2004
I ran a Camso kit last season and that track just flat out works. I'm not in love with the kit but the track rocks. A buddy of mine tore about 12 paddles off of his 17 kit but his 18 held up pretty well. Mine still looks brand new.

M5

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
I ran a Camso kit last season and that track just flat out works. I'm not in love with the kit but the track rocks. A buddy of mine tore about 12 paddles off of his 17 kit but his 18 held up pretty well. Mine still looks brand new.

M5

We agree with this totally!!! The TS RAW and the Camso we are not in love with either, but they do work and they are cheep. The Camso track does truly work. That is why we are so excited to have it on the Freeride Yeti's this season 2019. Last season we got it on the 129SS and that kit just rocked!!!! The combination of this track design and the light weight and maneuverability of the Yeti was the best season we have ever had on snow bikes. This is also why we are offering this track to TS users. We want to share the love!!

A
Nov 14, 2017
We agree with this totally!!! The TS RAW and the Camso we are not in love with either, but they do work and they are cheep. The Camso track does truly work. That is why we are so excited to have it on the Freeride Yeti's this season 2019. Last season we got it on the 129SS and that kit just rocked!!!! The combination of this track design and the light weight and maneuverability of the Yeti was the best season we have ever had on snow bikes. This is also why we are offering this track to TS users. We want to share the love!!

I'm interested, but I am still wondering if it will work on my latest ARO120SX (I guess it will be a 2019?).

Do you have the parts to extend out to 129 and then I guess I would have to cut the track myself? I'd rather buy it pre-cut.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Like sheetmetalfab said. CMX will cut it down for you. I think I remember reading somewhere it was like 50 bucks. CMX also offers 120 inch version so you will not need to extend your rails if you don’t want to. I personally think 120 inch with the CMX track would be pretty sweet.

edit:Not trying to steer any business away from Toby. He is a great resource and has personally helped me out plenty.

Last edited:
A
Nov 14, 2017
Like sheetmetalfab said. CMX will cut it down for you. I think I remember reading somewhere it was like 50 bucks. CMX also offers 120 inch version so you will not need to extend your rails if you don’t want to. I personally think 120 inch with the CMX track would be pretty sweet.

edit:Not trying to steer any business away from Toby. He is a great resource and has personally helped me out plenty.

I think I'd like to explore the 129 length. I ride a lot of very deep powder and the 129 camso I used to ride really seemed to have that extra flotation and control with its track. I didnt like the way it handled though compared to the Timbersled.

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
How does the Yeti MaxTrak 2 compare to the Camso?

The Camso snow bike track is much better in the deep powder than the MaxTrak 2. It also side flexes in cornering better and rolls more like a tire. It even bites the hard back trail better and does not want to brake free under power in a turn. We like it better in 90% of all conditions better than the MaxTrak 2. The only area of deficiency is on a frozen April morning with a few inches of fresh on top. It does not want to dig and bite through the frozen top 3" of crust like the MaxTrak 2 would.

A
Nov 14, 2017
The Camso snow bike track is much better in the deep powder than the MaxTrak 2. It also side flexes in cornering better and rolls more like a tire. It even bites the hard back trail better and does not want to brake free under power in a turn. We like it better in 90% of all conditions better than the MaxTrak 2. The only area of deficiency is on a frozen April morning with a few inches of fresh on top. It does not want to dig and bite through the frozen top 3" of crust like the MaxTrak 2 would.

So do you have a rail kit for the 2019 Aro 120SX to extend to 129?

A
Nov 14, 2017
You can probably buy aro 129 rails and track from Polaris........

Or try to switch your snowcheck to a 129 le.

I tried to switch to a 129 and found out that Polaris says you can switch, but then if you do the dealer gets stuck with the unit you snowchecked. I know my dealer and i wouldn't want to do that to him.

Good point on the 129 rails from Polaris, but if I made a change I really wanted the Camso track. Thats the only part of my Camso I miss is that track, it was significantly better than the 120 mountain horse I switched to. I will compare it to the Aro in a couple months.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I tried to switch to a 129 and found out that Polaris says you can switch, but then if you do the dealer gets stuck with the unit you snowchecked. I know my dealer and i wouldn't want to do that to him.

Good point on the 129 rails from Polaris, but if I made a change I really wanted the Camso track. Thats the only part of my Camso I miss is that track, it was significantly better than the 120 mountain horse I switched to. I will compare it to the Aro in a couple months.

So get the 129 rails and camso track.

Easy enough. Do it once.

I do know that the aro track does really good in variable snow.
(Not so well in dry bottomless fluff)

Premium Features