• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Ski Poll for M sleds with more options

Best M skis

• Total voters
N

nebraska m8

Dec 19, 2010
have any of you tried ppd-xmt skis they are or where made in canada i got mine in cook city but they are not sold there anymore, i really like these skis and would like to buy another set for my 2010 m8 but have not been able to find someone in thestates that sells them in the states

K
Dec 30, 2010
I've actually ran the SLP Powder Pros and the Sly Dog, before switching to the USI Triple Threat. I've had the USI ski on my last two M Series sleds and wouldn't use anything else. Not that well known but they allow you to side hill, won't dart in crusty snow and float and turn better than any other ski I've tried.

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
I bought SLP Powder Pro's to put on my 09 Snow Pro this season. I started off the season trying them and complained that I can't turn the darn sled on the trail and slow riding through the trees and such. I've tried them two different times now. I love the look but I can't talk myself into the way they make me work any longer. I'm beat by the end of the day and have upper body soreness for days after a 50 mile ride. :face-icon-small-dis I guess I'll just go back to stock.

messickzr

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Iowa
I bought SLP Powder Pro's to put on my 09 Snow Pro this season. I started off the season trying them and complained that I can't turn the darn sled on the trail and slow riding through the trees and such. I've tried them two different times now. I love the look but I can't talk myself into the way they make me work any longer. I'm beat by the end of the day and have upper body soreness for days after a 50 mile ride. :face-icon-small-dis I guess I'll just go back to stock.

There definitely is something to the powder pros turning harder on the trail! I felt they turn better at slow speeds in the powder! I have powder pros on my wife's crossfire and it doesn't turn near as hard.....

04 Summit X

Jan 4, 2008
SE Idaho
You all may think im nuts but the best ski I have found are 6.9 pilots. Ski doo skis. They have the option for an extra carbide on the outside if you like to burn up the trails. Awesome ski!!!
I run them on my 05 M7

H
Jan 26, 2010
Not looking for any opinions on other sleds. M-SERIES ONLY! I have had different sleds with different skis. I bought a 09 M8 this year and after my first big trip with it I decided I hate the skis. Since I live in MN I ride about 50/50 trails and boondocking, so I need a ski that can do both. If you guys are running something not listed let me know.

I love my USI Triple Threats on the Arctic Cat m6 141". I have 9" shapers and it holds the line tight in the hard pack and floats me on top of the powder. Best cross-over ski I have ever ridden. My cousin borrowed them for his 1010 F8 sno-pro limited and did not want to give them back. He since ordered a pair and is teeth ear to ear(smiling) whenever we go out. I heard if you put on the Studboy Deuce it even rides smoother on the trails. I live in Mn and can say they work with powder after the snow we had this year. The ditches and the trails were incredibly fun and I owe a lot of it to the people at USI for making a wonderful product backed by research and rider feedback.........They rock!

B

bmhughes

Feb 25, 2009
Nampa Idaho
No Matter what you run you have to adjust your suspension to work with the particular ski. I run powder pros and just lighten up you front shocks a lot for much less ski pressure and they will work awsome and no steer so hard..and still turn with low pressure. then they will float even better also.. just what works for me..

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
i am looking for a good all-around ski. i see alot of people recommending the usi triple threat. i am on usi's site now and dont see a stardard triple threat.....just an x2 triple threat (which im assuming is a version 2...??) any experience with these? are the just as good or better than the original version?

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
I bolted on a set of Grippers to try them, and it seems like they actually carve easier and more precisely than the Powder Pros

FORDpickupman

P

Photomaker

Dec 9, 2007
SW Montana
Mods... Have run Simmons, Powder Pros, like the Mods by far. Great on the trail, float in the powder, and side hill like no other.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I like the stock skis. When coming down hill i can stuff them so deep in the snow i have total control of the sled where a gripper ski wants to stay on top and its hard to stop on steep hills.
The front of the ski has a long tall curve. I have never stuck a ski into a ditch, always up and over. Straight stiff skis like to dart into the ditches, stopping the sled and tossing the rider over the bars.

GS6

Premium Features