• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 RMK 800 163, and Assault 146

P

PowderMiner

Feb 6, 2008
Snohomish-Plain, Washington
2009 Dragon 163, $5500
Artic FX Retro wrap
2012 Pro rear suspension
2012 walker coil over all around, upgrade to heavy duty reservoir in rear, front reservoirs all adjustable
Holz A arms
PEAK 2.5 Track, Avid Extrovert 7 tooth drivers
SLP pipe & can & intake
Better boards HD
Holz Vents
Frogskinz
Gold finger throttle
Polaris gas rack, tunnel bag
custom stearing post with about 2" over stock rise
Clutched for Western WA 3-6000ft
5500 miles, upgrade at 1600, freash topend at 3750.
All work and upgrades done at dealer

Located in central/weatern WA

Last edited:

JEN4

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2008
Castle Rock
Assault

Could you post picture of the Assault or are you going to have it at the snow show.

P

PowderMiner

Feb 6, 2008
I just went and got it tonight... can get pics tomorrow morning. I am planning on taking both to the WA Snow Show blue lot next Saturday morning, I may be with small kids so might need a buddy to come along to babysit!

The Assault is my dad's found out that has a new clutch last year, manufacture defect; not sure if primary or secondary, will look to see which is shinny.

P

PowderMiner

Feb 6, 2008
2009 Assault

2009 Assault 146 track stock $5100/will be listed for $5300 at snow show next week (I'm just the messenger)
2500 miles 350 on dealer engine rebuild, and new Primary clutch

This is a nice sled, and I'm contemplating a family transfer deal... kind of like having extra sleds around.

Last edited:

JEN4

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2008
Castle Rock
paper work

Do you have the paper work on the engine, did it have the fix it kit put on it. What all
Had to be replaced and what failed if anything.

Thanks

P

PowderMiner

Feb 6, 2008
The total miles is 2900. The update was done at Skagit probably less than 1000. The Regulator went bad, the TPS was out of adjustment, and the throttle nut was 1/2 in loose in Yellowstone and froze the cylinder... we didn't know and started it again that caused further damage and needed a full rebuild. That work was done at Kenmore around 2350, all stock Polaris parts. Last year in Yellowstone the primary split trail riding. Was replaced with new <1 mile on that. Sled was used 95% trail miles.

Got Invoices.

I have decided to go to the Blue Lot on Saturday.

Both sleds come with bags and rack shown and covers with small holes at strap between handlebars and windshield.

Last edited:
P

PowderMiner

Feb 6, 2008
Do you have the paper work on the engine, did it have the fix it kit put on it. What all
Had to be replaced and what failed if anything.

Thanks

This is for the Assault.

I will have the Invoices for the major work available. not going to post them as they are PDF with private info...

Here is some info:
At 2370 miles and 109 hours - Engine rebuild Cyl and Pistons, Regulator and all the engine rebuild stuff. New Hyfax and add wheels, new weights and stock gear.

Mechanic Notes:
Found both cylinders skidded and cyl not able to hone. Sled very dirty under hood (on the way home from trip dropped at dealer) had to pull throttle bodies to clean and properly set TPS. Found throttle cable freeplay 1/2 inch out of spec as the jam nut was loose. Sled more than likely ran too lean and caused the skidding. $2400

At 2906 miles and 134.7 hours - current mileage other than loading and unloading sled

New Clutch and Belt and $25 dollar part, labor to install $964

Last edited:
Premium Features