• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 M8 Low End Bog

T

twostrokesrule

Jan 11, 2011
Burnaby BC
fastlane what did you experience with your 2011 reflash?

My '10 had the sticky oil pump as well, if you take the boot off the throttle bodies you can look right at it, there are the two tabs that come together at the top, when it sticks they are not together, I put two really small orings over them so instead of relying on that spring to return the pump the return from the cable brings it back if that makes sense, also resealed the ypipe donut. I did all this before I rode it, no bogs, does seem to be plenty rich at idle just taking off, no bog, just is loaded up, rode my buddies 2011 and night and day difference from mine, very responsive/snappy low end, pulls harder off the line, but midrange and top end is roughly the same, talked to a arctic cat guy and he said they took some fuel away from the bottom end on the '11s and also they retard the timing when u let off the gas to hold heat in the pipe, the '10s dont do this so the pipe cools off alot more when you let off the gas. I sent my computer in to get reflashed to a '11 map so I should have it back soon all let you guys know if it makes a big improvement or not.

Premium Features