• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

02 700 oil injection delete

R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
What needs to be done to remove the oil injection? Does the bottom end need to be modified to increase oil flow, or can you just remove the oil pump and cover the hole?

Thanks guys!

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2009
Stewartville, MN
www.napaonline.com
Well it's a good thing to do if you already have the engine apart..

Take and oil holes going to the crank..

Take a larger bit.. about 1/2.. Just make a div-it.. For the oil to Puddle ...

yes you can make the holes larger also .. don't go too big..

Then.. Cap all the oil lines going to the crank.. and start pre Mixing at 36:1..

... I have had great luck with.. Looping the lines that go to the Carbs.. keep the lines on that go to the Crank.. Bearings like LUBE!

And Pre mix at 40:1...

Yes.. it really isn't a OIL Delete.. But the oil bottle sure doesn't need to be filled every ride.. lol..

my .02

R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
Thanks for the reply. The reason im contemplating this is to remove the oil tank too create more room. Im running a turbo and its going to get a lil tight under the hood.

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
ran it just to the bearings for years mixin 50.1 with amsoil racing then the pump went out noticed bottle wasent dropping very fast sead well da ok and cooked a rod . IF you delete chamfer oil holes and run at least 40.1 mix

F

freak58trio

Nov 26, 2007
Sumner,Washington
No you have to drill the case to make the hole larger so the bearing gets oil and I recomend 32:1 take your case to Curt and talk to him so you don't F$#% your motor up !!!!

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
take your exhaust side cylinder off and look in there and see if there is a hole drilled for the outer bearing can get oil. if it has a hole you are good, I know the 800's were not drilled but I am not positive on the 700's. that is how you will know for sure

R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
take your exhaust side cylinder off and look in there and see if there is a hole drilled for the outer bearing can get oil. if it has a hole you are good, I know the 800's were not drilled but I am not positive on the 700's. that is how you will know for sure

Got it! Thanks!

Premium Features