• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'03 700: Will it still be dependable (think:crank) if I add SLP pipe,can & intake?

Vincenthdfan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2008
Olympia, Washington
'03 700: Will it still be dependable (think:crank) if I add SLP pipe,can & intake?

Hi all,

Just bought a low mile '03 700 Edge RMK 151" with electric start and reverse for my girlfriend.

She has outgrown her '96 XLT RMK.

I am seriously considering adding a single SLP pipe and can along with the complete $129 intake kit to make it breathe better than stock.

My entire reason for buying a 700 was to avoid crank issues...so my question is this:

If I add just the above mentioned items, will it shorten the crank life and or other dependability?

I know these sleds have a really good reputation for being really reliable, so I dont want to jeapordize that.

Opinions please?

Thanks,
Vince

L
Dec 2, 2007
Elizabeth, CO
Any time you increase power, you add a little stress to the engine components. The 700's have a pretty good history of durability, though, and the crank failures usually happen, if at all, at 4,000 plus miles.

A woman driving slightly less aggressively can't hurt. Those are great sleds and motors.

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
those are strong motors, my wife has one, I put a slp single, air horn, and geared it down 19/43. the sled rocks.

Excalibur

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
Lewiston, ID
SLP is good stuff. 4600 miles on our 02 700, still runs great! Follow the SLP jetting and clutching guides! You will like it. :face-icon-small-hap

X
Oct 4, 2010
Mad Town,WI
SLP upgrade recommended! I have over 6K on my SLP upgrades. Put on the SLP Performance Package: Big Airhorn Intake, Pipe, Silencer, Cheater Heads, Engine Torque Arms, Exhaust Valve Springs. Very big power difference from stock. You'll love it. No crank issues at all.

derracing

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2009
have all the goodies on my 04 700 from day one over 8,000 miles on it works good

Premium Features