• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Chris burandt

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
I think this could be a good thing for everyone. This gives arctic cat a chance to get a new, younger rider that could be their next "chris burandt". It gives polaris a very expierenced rider that will hopefully give some very good insight to on their steep and deep packages and hopefully it will create a few changes that many want to see in polarises.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
I'll post this one more time for you, and if you still think that there is only one sled that is the best all the time then you don't ride very much!!!!!! And live in dream land!

What comes to my mind is this ( does any body really know or can prove which is the best sled out there). Sled "A" my kick sled "B" today in "x" snow condition, But tomarrow sled "B" my kick sled "A" today. Everyone of todays sleds has its up and downs. I would have to agree on the cat, I have yet to get on one that will perform with the other two brands (two stroke sleds) I see the cat running good for other people, or it is betraid that way. So just because Chris is rideing a polaris does not mean it is the best brand, And I ride one. He's doing what is best for him. I ride with all big 4 and there is no one time that just one brand is the best they all have there high lights, and they all have there dark days.

Just my two penny's

M
Jul 3, 2008
Utah
I've known for a little over a month and it's been killing me to keep quiet! I talked to Chris tonight a few times on the phone and he has been riding his Assault and says he loves it. This is a good move for Polaris and I'm happy for both of them.

Alpine is NOW a Polaris dealer for those wondering.

Boondocker turbo is on it's way for those wondering.

So lets hear it...

Did he get more than a free sled?

M
Jul 3, 2008
Utah
I'll bet not too many machines have made it a thousand miles with him.

I don't think any company would use his caliber of rider to show longetivity.

Jerome Mcgrath rode a 93' Honda CR250 till 1996, I'm sure his last year wernt no rebuild with a Weisco! Maybe the hour meter was recycled though!:rolleyes:

FRAME
come on SA, do you think he was using old parts?

T
I hope Chris has better luck than most of us did Last year. I came off a 06 M-7 that ran flawlessly for me for 3-4 years and wanted to try something differant, so I bought a D-8, rolled chain-case to install anti rachet drivers(stupid center drive), installed a challenger extreem for a better powder track and rode it half the season before I gave up on it (towed out 3 times) twice seized, once ecu went up in smoke. They (Polaris) have now detuned the already low on power motor to make it last, now if you go look at a turbo d-8 that has 3000 miles on it (second crank also) that Is on the Poo site under Indy Dans thread the crank design (or lack there of) breaks the case on the mag side due to side load from the clutch. I for one am glad Artic Cat is pulling in there Purse strings in these uncertain times and hope they stay afloat if that is why Chris split. Maybe Poo should be putting the Money they are throwing at Chris (if there is any) into there R&D team. I bought Cat before I ever heard of Chris and if they are still here in the future I will continue. If you have a poor design I don't care if you are a big name or just a Farmer like Myself, it will break on ya.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Sure,

FRAME
come on SA, do you think he was using old parts?

Those levers had to been Johnson's a decade before!:face-icon-small-hap

When I was eighteen my XR600R had rear brake shoes from a 74' XR75.:p

Rotax 503F in a blank blank originated in a 79' Ski-Doo.

Don't get me started on your Chevy!

I'm sure Chris B. could make all of them look good.

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
I had a polaris once................yup.............lasted not even half a season and bought a M8.

To be honest I think Brett is a better rep for AC anyhow. Should be intresting to see those two ride togather .

Premium Features