• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whats in your pack?

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
I'd like to know what you guys carry with you. I feel I'm pretty well equiped, but there's always some cool doo dad I don't know about. Hopefully between all of us we can get a good list going. If you have something cool or unique post up a link too it. lets get each other equiped.

In my Pack...
-shovel, 9 ft. probe, & beacon
-complete first aid kit(aspirin helps thin out the blood in the event of a heart attack)
-GPS
-Esbit stove and fuel cubes (coolest, smallest stove ever and they work great! http://www.rei.com/product/653343
-waterproof matches, firesticks, AND a windproof lighter full of fuel
-empty soup can to melt water in, doubles as container for the above
-Laser flare, waterproof to 80 ft. and can be seen up to 30 miles away(very trick & spendy, but worth it) https://www.greatlandlaser.com/index.php or http://www.rei.com/OM/style/722966?...-1EB3-DC11-BE2A-001422107090&mr:referralID=NA
-standard flare kit w/ 3 flares
-8'x10' reflective tarp with two things of twine
-high quality survival blanket(the cheapy space blankets won't do squat for you in the winter)
-LED headlamp w/ 6 extra AA batteries
-Leatherman WAVE
-mini leatherman
-Gerber folding saw
-Storm whistle(can be heard 2 miles away)
-plus food, water, TP, ect.

Add your lists so we can compile a master list :D

Race

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trump, AK.
I like the idea of heat tabs for a stove. At first I was thinking of a white gas or some kind of propane type fuel but don't know the pro's & cons out in the cold. What do mountain climbers (Everest, McKinley) use for a camp stove?
Some thing to think about is actually starting a fire while out riding. If you got kids then make it fun and bring some hot dogs to cook up and make them start the fire, the dead black branches of the evergreens make excellent fire stater. You probably couldn't do this down south in the park (regs.?) or up above the tree line, so, maybe just have a plan on how you'll make a fire. There could be finer things to ponder about but fire is just on my mind.

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
I have a sno-bunje Survival kit, its trick and holds alot of stuff

It has
-Water proof matches
-flare kit
-razor blade
-80' of nylon string
-space blanket
-36"x60" tube shelter
-zip ties
-12' steel wire
-20' flagging tape
-8' duct tape
-compass
-4" fiire starter
-12" tin foil
-2 safety pins
-gauze pads
-band-aids
-anticeptic pads
-antibiotic ointment
-ibprofen
-abs plastic case

Thats just the tube. I also carry
-TP
-folding saw
-leatherman(wave)
-water
-lots of snacks(powerbars, snickers, granola bars etc)
-1 mini mre(meal ready to eat) Self cooking too, spendy but worth it.
-Socks, gloves, extra hat
-Flash beacon, like on top of the school buses, very bright and visible and can set the frequency of flashes.

I think thats all

A

AkSummit

Nov 28, 2007
ALASKA
Probe
Shovel
Tow strap
beacon (wear)
X-goggles
X-socks
flash light
1ST Aid Kit
X-Fire starting sticks
Tin Can
Hand warmers
1 package of cold/flu meds + vitamins
2 way radios
MRE's
Survival Kit with flares, heat blanket, wistle, compase,ect
X-waterproof matches
Protein bars
flask
camera
zip ties
leatherman
X-Gloves
X-aa batteries
Toliet Paper
Beanie

Then whatever crap I buy at the store on the way to go ride

All my buddies talk crap but you never know how bad you need it until your in that situation. I just like the feeling of being prepared.

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
This is what I typically carry:

In the coat / on the body
Tekvest, Proper layers of clothing for warmth and wicking, Digital camera, Cell phone, Defogging/deicing wipe for goggles, Avalanche beacon, Leatherman utility knife, Keys to the truck, Lighter, Gum, TP

In the back pack
First aid kit plus pain killer, Space blanket, Hand warmers, Extra gloves, Extra socks, Gum, candy, jerky, snickers, Water, LED Headlamp, Garmin Rino GPS Walkie Talkie, SOS Shovel – aluminum head, SOS Probe, Lighter, Firestarter

Tunnel bag on the sled
Hand and foot warmers, Extra gloves, Extra socks, Extra gator head band and balaclava, Money, ID, insurance card, registration, Laminated maps, Extra keys to truck/sleds, SOS Shovel – aluminum head, SOS Saw, Gum, candy, jerky energy bars, Bouillon cubes, Water and munchies, Fire starter, Lighter, Stainless steel cup, Sterno, Extra batteries, Compass / Plastic Whistle / Thermometer, Land shark sleeping bag, Duct Tape, Mini Flares, Zip ties, Bailing wire, Siphon, Tp, Ziploc bag (1-2), Large trash bag (1-2), Shop towels (2-3), 8 x 10 tarp, Nylon tow rope, Carabineers, a couple of nails and misc screws/bolts, Bungee cords, High temp silicone, Scotchbrite pad, Spare chain

In the trunk
Tools - lots of 'em, LED Flashlight

Under the hood
Spare plugs, Spare belt, Hatchet, Oil, Chaincase oil, Antifreeze, Spare goggles, Hot pockets / chicken strips in the muffpot

Skidoo gas can – full

Snow Shoes – zip tied to rear of tunnel

I
Nov 26, 2007
I just got a crank powered LED flashlight for Xmas, very cool. A flashlight is mandatory for fixing sleds in the dark and the cold wears down batteries quicker, this thing never needs new batteries and is super bright.

dragon800ak

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Anchorage, Alaska
Only items I carry not already mentioned:
- hose clamps. Very handy to splice broken parts or hold something.
- 2 large tough garbage bags. Can use as hip waders if water not too deep.

B
Dec 14, 2007
Wasilla
Wow!!!!

This is what I typically carry:

In the coat / on the body
Tekvest, Proper layers of clothing for warmth and wicking, Digital camera, Cell phone, Defogging/deicing wipe for goggles, Avalanche beacon, Leatherman utility knife, Keys to the truck, Lighter, Gum, TP

In the back pack
First aid kit plus pain killer, Space blanket, Hand warmers, Extra gloves, Extra socks, Gum, candy, jerky, snickers, Water, LED Headlamp, Garmin Rino GPS Walkie Talkie, SOS Shovel – aluminum head, SOS Probe, Lighter, Firestarter

Tunnel bag on the sled
Hand and foot warmers, Extra gloves, Extra socks, Extra gator head band and balaclava, Money, ID, insurance card, registration, Laminated maps, Extra keys to truck/sleds, SOS Shovel – aluminum head, SOS Saw, Gum, candy, jerky energy bars, Bouillon cubes, Water and munchies, Fire starter, Lighter, Stainless steel cup, Sterno, Extra batteries, Compass / Plastic Whistle / Thermometer, Land shark sleeping bag, Duct Tape, Mini Flares, Zip ties, Bailing wire, Siphon, Tp, Ziploc bag (1-2), Large trash bag (1-2), Shop towels (2-3), 8 x 10 tarp, Nylon tow rope, Carabineers, a couple of nails and misc screws/bolts, Bungee cords, High temp silicone, Scotchbrite pad, Spare chain

In the trunk
Tools - lots of 'em, LED Flashlight

Under the hood
Spare plugs, Spare belt, Hatchet, Oil, Chaincase oil, Antifreeze, Spare goggles, Hot pockets / chicken strips in the muffpot

Skidoo gas can – full

Snow Shoes – zip tied to rear of tunnel

:eek: Where do you fit into this pic?? How much does all that weigh?? I'm sure it's all needed equipment, but holy ****!:eek: If I ever go riden the back country I wana go with you.. LOL:beer; My wife was right. Women are smarter. LOL...

M

Modedmach1

Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks, Alaska
Great thread!!! I don't carry as much as some but, its enough to make me feel comfortable:
SOS shovel w/saw
9ft probe
first aid kit
self lighting fire sticks in waterproof case
Propel fitness water & water
candy bars & jerky
spare plugs
rewind rebuild kit
roll of 88 tape
5ft mech wire & another 5ft in the sled
Leatherman (wave)
2ea jet kits
Tools; 8in crecent & some metric wrenchs
LED flashlight 2ea
Spare gloves & face mask

I think that is about it. I also carry a pretty good tool kit on my sled.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, AK
In The Pack
First Aid Kit
Sewing Kit
Tool Kit (stock skidoo one)
space blanket
3 12 hour chem lights (don't need batteries and last forever in storage)
TP
Aluminum Shovel
Extra batteries for beacon
extra socks
extra baliclava
extra goggles
extra gloves
snack bars and candy bars and that days lunch(all my MREs expired and haven't gotten new ones yet)
duct tape
gerber multi tool
Military Compass
lighter

As soon as I find where I packed it my lightweight stove and extra fuel tank. the thing burns hot enough to boil water in a couple of minutes when sitting out in 40 mph winds unprotected.

B
Nov 26, 2007
i ride with
Food for 2 days
Water
ABS 15
beacon/probe/HmK shovel,extra coat,Extra pants,Googles,gloves.
Cell phone.Soon to be sat phone
Extra keyes.
Camera
Xtra gas
Fire starters.
Sleeping bag.
Thats about it. keep it simple. If i need to stay off the ground at night ill just take off my seat.

06 Cpc1k m7.

Premium Features