• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WARY Avi-Vest // NO Longer

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
It comes with great sadness that Wary has decided to shut down all operations, effective December 31st, 2014. This was one of the best options out there for Avi-Vests in our opinion, but at this time they have decided to no longer operate. We do however still offer, BCA, ABS, and Snowpulse.

We are writing this for two reasons:

1. To let our customers know that we will do EVERYTHING in our power to keep you updated with product availabilities etc. If you bought WARY from us in the past, we will do the best to keep parts on stock if we can. There are limited resources for us, but we do still have some things in stock, and will do everything in our power to service out customers. Unfortunately other peoples business is out of our hands.

2. We have the ability to purchase the remaining stock at a very very low rate and distribute what is left. As a consumer would that be of interest to you guys and gals? One hand says a good deal is a good deal and they will sell based on past performance, the other hand asks if people will be weary to purchase with no future parts or pieces.

Let us know please, as always we strive to bring you the news first and keep you in the loop. Hope all is well, and we are all doing the snow dance!

PRICES WOULD BE:
AviPack 33L $349
AviPack 23L $349
AviVest 3.0 $349
Replacement Full Cylinders: $99

*All bags come with a full cylinder ready to use. Shipping/HazMat Fee of $25.00 is to be calculated at sale. Not Refundable.

Regards;
The Blown Motor Team

Last edited:

tt m1000

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2010
Tioga, ND
Thanks blown motor!! got mine ordered today.. Great customer service!!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Tell me more about the Vest. Does it have a place to carry a shovel? What does the bag with cylinder weigh? How long have they been making avi packs? Thanks Eric

skidawg

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2006
Wausau, Wisc.
I've been wearing an avi vest since they came out with them about 4-5 years ago. I bought the original avi vest design, sold it to a friend and bought the newer design two years ago and I absolutely love mine. I actually ordered another one, for the price you can't go wrong. I thought they might be a little warm in the spring, but if you dress accordingly, I did not find it to be an issue. I think the economics might have played a part in Wary going out of business. :face-icon-small-fro

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Thanks for the info.

One more question for BlownMotor....Do you have any of the vests in stock now? I don't see them on your website but based on your post it sounds like you have sold them in the past. Also how much is shipping with a full cylinder in Idaho? Thanks Eric

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
I switched from BCA to Wary last season and bought the Avi-Vest... it's awesome. Love the fit and I feel very secure in it. The padding in the front also works as some light body armor for tree stabs and helped protect my jacket a few times.

Sucks to hear them go away cause it was the best one I've found for me so far.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
Tell me more about the Vest. Does it have a place to carry a shovel? What does the bag with cylinder weigh? How long have they been making avi packs? Thanks Eric

It does have an internal place to carry the shovel, and there is an available accessory to carry it on the exterior of the pack. Carrying on the interior is a smarter move for safety though. As for weight, Approx 7lbs with cylinder (These specs are from WARY) They have been making packs now for 6 years.

Thanks for the info.

One more question for BlownMotor....Do you have any of the vests in stock now? I don't see them on your website but based on your post it sounds like you have sold them in the past. Also how much is shipping with a full cylinder in Idaho? Thanks Eric

We do not have any left in stock which is why they are not on the site, although we have ability to get them. At this point we made this thread to gain interest. We were not going to stock pile them and then have customers scared and not buy because of the company going out of business. We have sold another 10 bags this week, and have another order of 6 that are spoken for going in today. We prefer to manually take these sales via phone so that all details, shipping, options etc can be discussed and disclosed. The last thing we would want is a customer buying a bag knowing they are going out of business, telling his buddies and they all buy, but forgetting to tell them why they are so discounted. This way we know each and every customer is aware of the scenario at hand. We also have the ability to get parts, refill kits, canisters etc right now, so strike while the iron is hot if you can!

Last edited:
K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Just placed my order for the vest. I took the risk of running out of support at that price.. and I really wanted a vest. Guy i work with is tempted to get the 33L pack himself.

Thanks!

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
I just ordered one for my friend and one for me. Hopefully the xxl fits. I am a big dude. :face-icon-small-ton
Thanks for the awesome customer service blown motor. You guys were more than patient with me and all my dumb questions.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
I just ordered one for my friend and one for me. Hopefully the xxl fits. I am a big dude. :face-icon-small-ton
Thanks for the awesome customer service blown motor. You guys were more than patient with me and all my dumb questions.

UtahEdge,
You are more than welcome! We strive to have the best customer service in the industry and we are always more than happy to answer questions. There are no dumb questions when it comes to your safety doing this sport.

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
You guys gonna be at the Intermountain Snow show? would love to try one on first. Plan on one for me too, I would like to see one first hand. Also what is the canister? is it compressed air, so easily refilled?

Last edited:

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
You guys gonna be at the Intermountain Snow show? would love to try one on first. Plan on one for me too, I would like to see one first hand. Also what is the canister? is it compressed air, so easily refilled?

Snegineer,
Unfortunately it is too far for us to make the drive to the intermountain show. The canisters are aluminum and filled with compressed air and are
easily refilled for about 10 bucks at most paintball or dive shops!

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
My avi vest showed up today, thanks!

This thing is nice, i think it will fit way more crap in it than i thought too.

Surprised they went out of business. seems like a nice piece.

Last edited:

tt m1000

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2010
Tioga, ND
Got mine today and awesome product and thanks again Blown Motor!!
5aqu4era.jpg

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
If you go to Wary's website they have a size chart. You measure the largest part of your chest. FYI, Im 5-10 175lb and the m/L (smallest they offer) is plenty big. I need to have the adjustment straps all the way tight. Eric

Premium Features