• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Remote Limiter Strap Adjuster Installation

S
Feb 24, 2016
WA
Has anybody had the chance to install the 2018 remote limiter strap adjuster? If so, what was the install like? Hoping it's not a total PITA.

Last edited by a moderator:
S
Feb 24, 2016
WA
Availability?

I don't know, maybe they're not available yet? Didn't seem to be able to find it in the online catalog.

Did find this image though. Is the routing robust? If not, can it be made robust with some bonded/riveted clamps?

adjuster.jpeg

Andystoy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2016
I installed the first version of the limiter strap page 170 of the accessories catalog 179.99 straight forward install and works as advertised on my 2017 Summit X. The new version is on page 168 called remote limiter strap adjuster $329.99 Canadian dollars and moves the control from your left heel to the handlebars .

S
Feb 24, 2016
WA
I installed the first version of the limiter strap page 170 of the accessories catalog 179.99 straight forward install and works as advertised on my 2017 Summit X. The new version is on page 168 called remote limiter strap adjuster $329.99 Canadian dollars and moves the control from your left heel to the handlebars .

The first version looks pretty straight forward. I'm just wondering if the cable routing is 1) going to be a pain to do and 2) if it's going to stay out of the way and fit nicely along the routing path.

I think I'll take a look at my sled tonight using the picture above and see if I can imagine the cable routing.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012

How did you like it and what setting did you use? Slots 2 and 4 or 3 and 5?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Remote Limiter Strap Adjuster - (REV Gen4 with tMotion rear suspension)

Mountain

$269.99 USD

https://www.ski-doo.com/shop/access...uster---rev-gen4-with-tmotion-rear-suspe.html

Features

• Allows rider to tune handling to current snow conditions and terrain.
  • Quickly change limiter strap length from the handlebar.
  • Control mounts to riser block.
  • Adjustment range is 2 holes on conventional strap (1.3 po/34 mm).
  • 2 settings to choose: Holes 3 to 5 or 2 to 4 on conventional strap.
  • Patent pending.
=====

BRP introduced the adjustable limiter strap for tMotion rear suspensions two years as a quick, easy way to adjust deep snow handling on Summit and Freeride snowmobiles. This year the concept is taken further to a remotely controlled system for even easier and quicker operation.

Riders benefit from being able to quickly adjust their ride between a playfully light and agile set-up, to a more connected one where the track approach angle gets much more gradual and the skis don’t lift as easily. By making it remotely activated, the dial-like switch is mounted on the handlebar riser; riders can now change positions by twisting a knob rather reaching down by their feet to flip a lever.

The kit should also prove popular with the cross-over crowd as it also fits the new cMotion rear suspension on the 2018 Backcountry models. If a rider wants more positive steering on the trail, he can move it to the shorter position, but when going off trail -switching to the longer position will provide better deep snow handling, in a very quick and convenient way.

Adjustment range is equivalent to two holes on a conventional limiter strap (1.3 inches/34 mm), with two settings to choose from: holes three (stock position) to five, or two to four.

The kit is available for all tMotion and cMotion suspensions from 2013-2018.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VNyQgAaKl_0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
I will have an instal vid on this but, not for a bit , it does work well and the cable just follows a path out of the left side and along side tunnel discreetly to under door and the out through hood with throttle/brake lines, it installs on upper post!
Many people wonder why u would want this and a great way to figure out if you do is to , when riding , find a log or bump in snow and drive up on it slowly just past driver, this will collapse your front skid and then you can reach under with 2 10mmwrenches and suck up the limiter strap by one, this will allow the sled to attack the snow better and get up quicker and side hill better especially if you turn your spring rate up in the back suspension.
Many say the ski Doo does not hold an edge in steep terrain like the Polaris and doing this will make it sidehill as well, however it will be harder to initiate getting on edge and be more work just like a Polaris and it won’t be as playful like it is in its current stock position, so if all you do is sidehill then you might leave it.
If you do lots of other stuff then you might like it back to stock. So the remote limiter strap allows you to change for the different riding you might do during the day, doing the above, tightening the limiter strap by one and making the back end stiffer will do way more that eliminating the t-motion. Cheers dave ps sorry if there are a few mistakes as writing this on my phone from Europe ?

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
What is the stock limiter strap setting on the g4? Hole 3 or 4?

Andystoy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2016
Just checked mine came on hole 3, since I haven't had a chance to do much steep and deep riding I plan on loosening the limiter to hole 2 for a trip and using the adjustable limiter to take me up 2 holes if I find that I wheelie too much. The looser limiter should make the whooped out trail ride nicer unless I get too much ski pressure than I will adjust the front shock to a stiffer setting. The setup will vary depending on terrain, type of snow and rider weight etc?

B
Oct 19, 2017
I have a Freeride 146 on order and both BRP website and the new catalog says this is available for all T-motion skids except freeride 146, when i ordered sled last spring it was offered as an option which i didnt take, since my machine has not been delivered yet i want to add it but now im afraid it wont fit because of what catalog says, im hoping its a typo and they meant not available on freeride 137 because it has R-motion skid, Can someone help me here can this be installed on the FR 146

S

stmike

Dec 22, 2008
northern Ontario

Is there an install vid out there some place ? I imagine there has to be holes drill ,have not seen a close up of one installed .It looks like it would be a great add one ,i am old and do not want the skis in the air all the time especially with the wife on the back .

NoSoup4U

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2009
Northern Utah
Does anyone actually have one? The only place I could find one was on the Doo website. It said it was available so I ordered it along with other items, but the next day I got an e-mail saying my order for the remote limiter adjuster was "cancelled". No explanation, just "cancelled". Other items still coming though.

NoSoup4U

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2009
Northern Utah
Just installed the regular (not the remote) limiter adjuster. Instructions say 45 minutes installation. Took me a fair amount longer. Pretty straightforward but there are some things that were a challenge. You have to remove the cross member bolt that holds the bottom of the shock to put on different spacers. Getting the bolt back in takes some additional steps not mentioned in the instructions since you need to compress the shock to get the bolt back in. You want to install this on a warm day or in a heated shop because the new limiter strap is very stiff and is takes some persuasion to install, especially on the bottom cross member with the metal retaining band. I found that some creative use of curved vise grips a very helpful. Very nice fit and seems to work as advertised.

Just a note on limiter strap length. At least on the 175, it comes from the factory in hole 3 which is what Doo recommends for 4-8k elevation. For 8k plus, they recommend hole 2. Below 4K they recommend hole 4. Mine was in hole 2 from the dealer since I told him most my riding was for 8-10k elevation. Consequently I installed the adjustable limiter for holes 2-4.

R

redbull660

Dec 1, 2007
Montana
I just bought one, dealer is telling me it’s a 3 hour install and is a bear cat to do. I haven’t had a chance to look at the install directions yet.

NoSoup4U

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2009
Northern Utah
Took me 3 hours. Even if I had done a couple of installs I think it would have been 1.5-2 hours. Nothing technically that difficult if you're mechanically inclined, but it is kind of a pain to do IMO.

Premium Features