• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Can for 850

rbk444

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Have hps as well ,,seems to work good..noise level is acceptable .seem to have a better throttle response as well,,quality is excellent,,

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
The stock can/muffler has been downsized in the Gen4 so there is less of a weight penalty compared to the old suitcase muffler of older models.

Keeping mine stock.:face-icon-small-coo

SLP

Premium Member
Hey guys, saw your thread and thought I might add a little info on our lightweight silencer.

Stock may be lighter than previous Ski-doo silencers, but only slightly. There is still room for significant weight savings. Our silencer drops over 7 pounds and is a baffled design for good sound quality without it being obnoxiously loud. It is dyno tuned and field tested to ensure good performance. Construction is mainly stainless steel for excellent durability and is Ceramic Coated for good looks and superior heat retention. It is also made right here in Idaho Falls, Idaho.

SLP 850 LIGHTWEIGHT SILENCER

09-321.jpg

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
Hey guys, saw your thread and thought I might add a little info on our lightweight silencer.

Stock may be lighter than previous Ski-doo silencers, but only slightly. There is still room for significant weight savings. Our silencer drops over 7 pounds and is a baffled design for good sound quality without it being obnoxiously loud. It is dyno tuned and field tested to ensure good performance. Construction is mainly stainless steel for excellent durability and is Ceramic Coated for good looks and superior heat retention. It is also made right here in Idaho Falls, Idaho.

Price is right. Is there a sound clip of this can ?

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy

Any hp to be gained, by chance?

Also I’d assume it will work with your pipe, when that becomes available?

Next what is the time frame on the pipe?

I

Impatientforsnow

Nov 29, 2007
Gods Country
The THING hands down saves weight sounds good and cooks one hell of a meal in Minutes!! you get 2fer 1... cooker/can
Revy Sled shed Builds them I think the US dollar price was around 350 to 375..

Andystoy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2016
First question is why do you need a can for the 850: weight saving, making more noise, increased performance?
All after market cans offer some weight savings, most aftermarket cans make more noise, most aftermarket cans don't increase HP, the pipe creates HP. Check out Rich Daly Dynoport and Olaev Aenn hand book.
The stock can offers the best compromise for the above at no cost to you and no additional costs to replace melted plastics etc.
I do not ride groomed trails, I ride in the Valemount, McBride area when in the mountains, between Nordegg and Edson in the foothills and cut lines and lakes in Northern Alberta. None of these areas are near towns or villages but I have decided that making more noise than a stock machine is not for me. Listening to the narrative that "mountain cans are okey in the mountains makes me chuckle, really?
What makes people think that the mountains are for sledders only? Heli skiers, snow boarders and down hill skiers as well as hikers all share the same areas not to mention the wildlife. Just ask the folks in the BC snowmobile clubs that have to constantly fight to keep the remaining snowmobile areas from being closed by the government. My rant for the day, its your money buy whatever you want to. JMO

I

Impatientforsnow

Nov 29, 2007
Gods Country
First question is why do you need a can for the 850: weight saving, making more noise, increased performance?
All after market cans offer some weight savings, most aftermarket cans make more noise, most aftermarket cans don't increase HP, the pipe creates HP. Check out Rich Daly Dynoport and Olaev Aenn hand book.
The stock can offers the best compromise for the above at no cost to you and no additional costs to replace melted plastics etc.
I do not ride groomed trails, I ride in the Valemount, McBride area when in the mountains, between Nordegg and Edson in the foothills and cut lines and lakes in Northern Alberta. None of these areas are near towns or villages but I have decided that making more noise than a stock machine is not for me. Listening to the narrative that "mountain cans are okey in the mountains makes me chuckle, really?
What makes people think that the mountains are for sledders only? Heli skiers, snow boarders and down hill skiers as well as hikers all share the same areas not to mention the wildlife. Just ask the folks in the BC snowmobile clubs that have to constantly fight to keep the remaining snowmobile areas from being closed by the government. My rant for the day, its your money buy whatever you want to. JMO
HELI Skiers Quiet? lol...and 90 % of back country skiers use sleds also. With lightweight cans on there sleds..so your BS has 0 Traction!!:face-icon-small-dis

Premium Features