• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 Assault - No Brakes...is there rebuild kit?

W
Mar 12, 2008
Just bought a 2013 Assault RMK.

The lever just goes flat to the bars every time you pull. Even if you try to pump it up you can't get it to build any pressure. I dont see any fluid leaking anywhere. Tried cracking the bleeder and bleeding the lines, but since I cant get any pressure pumping the lever, it doesnt allow me to push any fluid to try getting air out if that's the issue.

Do you think its an issue with the master cylinder or the caliper?
Is there rebuild kits available for the master cylinder or the caliper?
Perhaps I am bleeding brakes incorrectly?

I do have a spare master cylinder from an old IQr around somewhere that should be the same as the one on the Pro. But, if its a caliper issue no sense in screwing with that.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
These system are super simple. I doubt either of them need rebuilt. Start by gravity bleeding it if you cant get any pressure to build up. Remove lid from master cylinder, and remove the bleeder screw completely. Add brake fluid and just let it set for a few minutes to see if fluid will flow on its own.

Once you get fluid flowing, dont let the master run out of fluid and suck in air. Reinstall bleeder screw. Then bleed the system. Bleeder closed, slowly pump the brake lever 2-3 times and make sure you let it release all the way, then hold it to the bar (and keep holding it) and loosen the bleeder screw. Fluid should flow out the bleeder for a second or 2, when it stops tighten the bleeder screw. Now you can release the brake lever, add fluid if needed, and repeat.

Thoroughly wash off any brake fluid with warm water when your done.

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
I've had two of these master cylinders fail internally, they just go flat to the bar, Polaris replaced both of mine under warranty. If you have an IQR master cylinder, that is the same masters cylinder as the PRO uses I would replace it and go from there.

W
Mar 12, 2008
I did a gravity bleed last night, and no luck.

Swapped over the IQr master cylinder and got pressure right away.
Just have to get the switch moved over for brake light as the one from the IQr has broken wires at the switch.

Premium Features