• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

120" maxtrax 2.5" will it fit on 2015 st timbersled

P
Jul 15, 2013
If I use the drop down brackets and do a bit of trimming can I make this track fit on my 2015 timbersled st? I have found these tracks a fair amount cheaper then the timbersled 2.5 convex tracks, has anyone done this swap? how does it perform?

Last edited:
C

cade123

Jan 23, 2015
I have done the conversion, all you need is the drop brackets for the 2015 Timbersled and it will bolt right up

C

cade123

Jan 23, 2015
I did the 129 2.5 maxtrax on my 2015 st. and I found it worked way better in the deep powder than my 120 2 in track did. But in the harder pack snow I found the stock track did better as it has stiffer lugs. But I only ever ride in deep pow so the conversion made sense for me. But I heard the maxtrax 2 has stiffer lugs so it might be better all around.

H
Nov 29, 2014
CT
www.huntersskidoo.com
If I use the drop down brackets and do a bit of trimming can I make this track fit on my 2015 timbersled st? I have found these tracks a fair amount cheaper then the timbersled 2.5 convex tracks, has anyone done this swap? how does it perform?

Spring for a 2.5 Convex from TS. There is a reason all those Maxtracks are out there so cheap.. The original Maxtrack is too soft and has pretty terrible traction on harder/heavier snow compared to the 2.5 TS track (I rode them back to back). Yeti changed the track for this season...

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Anyone use a maxtrack 1 on a 250/300 2 stroke? Wondering if the soft flex favors a lighter less powerful bike with a lighter rider.

P
Jul 15, 2013
Spring for a 2.5 Convex from TS. There is a reason all those Maxtracks are out there so cheap.. The original Maxtrack is too soft and has pretty terrible traction on harder/heavier snow compared to the 2.5 TS track (I rode them back to back). Yeti changed the track for this season...

is the 2.5 a lot better in soft snow? I only head to the mountains 1 or times a year, we ride from the end of December for a week or two, then maybe again in February. my main concern is finding a better track then my 2" for deeper snow as I am a bigger guy.

H
Nov 29, 2014
CT
www.huntersskidoo.com
is the 2.5 a lot better in soft snow? I only head to the mountains 1 or times a year, we ride from the end of December for a week or two, then maybe again in February. my main concern is finding a better track then my 2" for deeper snow as I am a bigger guy.

Yes they have significantly better traction all around than a 2" track. It is worth the upgrade

Last edited:
Premium Features